Hacking Can you play GBA Roms on a DS Flash Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
I use DS Linker, and was wondering if you could play .gba games with the DS Linker Flash Card also.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It cannot play GBA games from the slot 1 card sorry
sleep.gif
you will need a slot 2 for that

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably better off getting a M3 or something if you want GBA play, slot-2's are pretty cheap nowadays.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone need to start keeping track of how many topics we have with the basic idea of playing GBA roms on slot 1 cards.
Or maybe we all need to start giving out the same obvious stage-1 answer: "Does it look like a GBA cart? Y/N"

Also it clearly says in the DS Linker review:
QUOTE(TheSpade @ Apr 23 2007, 05:17 AM)Before anyone jumps on the usual whining surrounding slot-1 flash cards, I won't bash it concerning no GBA support, because the Writer isn't a GBA flash card. It's just a module for the DS Linker, period.

tackle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry about that
biggrin.gif

just a few hours apart from when this topic was posted, must've had old page cached

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just curious, what are the technical reasons why we can't play GBA games on slot-1 cards? I know it can't do it, I am just wondering why.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The noob asks, "How can I play GBA games on my slot1 card?"

And the veteran answers, "By buying a slot2 card, which goes in slot2, which is the GBA SLOT, otherwise known as slot2!" It is located on the bottom of the the DS.....see it? Yeah, that is for playing GBA games. Slot1 (otherwise known as the DS slot) is for playing DS games and apps, not GBA games!

Use the freakin' search function next time, mmkay?

Geez! This question is asked so many times that even a friendly sort, such as myself, is getting annoyed.
mad.gif

My goodness, noobs are so annoying with their silly questions about things things that have been explained at least a thousand times in previous posts!

Read the frikken stickies....read the previous posts asking the same noob questions.......use the damn search function, that's what it's there for.

Jesus jumped-up Christ in a side-car! I'm starting to see where Urza comes from...and that scares me.

See what NSider closing down has done to us? Damn you Nintendo!

I must admit that I've had about 10 beers and my inhibitions towards noobs is counter-acted by the alcohol flowing in my veins and it brings out the writer in me. So to all you noobs, please don't take undue offense to my ranting. You are noobs and I understand that. You can't help asking those stupid noob questions. But just LISTEN
to the people of this forum when they tell you the facts. Understand what they say and freakin' learn to not be such a noob
, mmkay?

You want to play free downloaded GBA games on your DS? BUY A SLOT2 CARD! Simple as that, end of story. I'm sorry you will have to spend some more money to get your free games, but that's the way it is, deal with it.

Oh, and welcome to GBAtemp.
tongue.gif

This reply was written to make JPH happy, since I let him down in a previous thread.
wink.gif

SUPERSONIC2099

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
hy i have a sunny flash memmory slot 1 card and a ncard for ds slot 2 and i was wondering if i can put gba games o the slot 2 ncard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.