Hacking How long till the 3DS is hacked?

starfox223

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many months/years do you think it will take for the 3DS to be hacked?
After that how long till we see CFW or Flash Carts released?

I saying 1 year to 1 and 1/2 years untill we get something.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we wait until the console is out before "when will it be hacked" speculation?
We may not even SEE it for a year to a year and a half.

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Really your asking when it will be hacked?!?
wtf.gif

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the firmware of the dsi, has no reason to be hacked! why play wiiware games? when you can downloaded almost every ds game from the web and pop it on a flash card!
i'd put money on a 3ds card being released with weeks of the 3DS's release!

Acekard3DS anyone?
Supercard 3DS?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
the firmware of the dsi, has no reason to be hacked! why play wiiware games? when you can downloaded almost every ds game from the web and pop it on a flash card!
i'd put money on a 3ds card being released with weeks of the 3DS's release!

Acekard3DS anyone?
Supercard 3DS?

First of all you mean DSiWare not WiiWare.
Second, There are a hell of a lot of people interested in using the DSi hardware for homebrew.
Third, weeks you say? I'll gladly take your money off you. It took much longer than that to get DS software unofficially running on a DSi, what in the hell makes you think it will even be possible on the 3DS? The security will be far tougher than on the DSi, just as DSi security was a lot tougher than the DS. It's my bet that Nintendo can at any time release an update for the DSi that can make all current flash carts useless... weeks.. pfffff.

DarknessxD407

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on if nintendo has a major flaw in a game for the 3ds or there is a flaw in the security and if anyone is willing to crack it.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarknessxD407 said:
It really depends on if nintendo has a major flaw in a game for the 3ds or there is a flaw in the security and if anyone is willing to crack it.
I agree with this statement since that is usually how systems are exploited. I wonder how secure they will make it and with the wifi live all the time thing how they will prevent that kind of security issue.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
I am thinking no one read the spec on the 3ds right?
QUOTE said:
Nintendo 3DS works different... the hardware support automatic communication regardless of what is being played
This will probably check for CFWs.
Well if someone good enough , they can have the CFWs "hide" from it.

Not saying it would be hack tho...

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the 3DS will have digital distribution, so I don't have to care when it will be hacked. I'm done with carrying around multiple carts.

On a side note, I noticed that they upped the resolution to a height of 240, which is enough for NES, SNES and N64 emulation to display things properly without clipping. I really hope this means they'll put some virtual console stuff out for those systems (and some GB / GBA vc would be a good idea too).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how long it will take to be hacked, if it ever gets hacked. But I do know that I'm not going to buy a 3DS unless some way to play 3DS backups happens, whether it be a flaschcart or a hardware hack or whatever. If that never happens, then oh well. It's not like Ninty actually cares (or will even notice) if I decide to stop patronizing their company altogether.

At this particular point in time, DS game dumps are all I care about as far as Nintendo is concerned, and I'm only doing that for the sake of completeness. I'll just continue to soak up any remaining DS ROM dumps that get released until the releases dry up completely, and that will be it for me as far as Nintendo and their kiddie games. I'll not spend another penny on Nintendo software ever again. From now on, it's a free slurpy download or GTFO.

And I honestly don't care what anyone thinks about that.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-