Hacking Bringing my Wii back to life

Prince Valmont

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, small story short: I used to frequent this board, use to mod my wii way back when. But since August, I've strayed away and I want to get it back to tip top hacked shape, and I need your help.

First off, here are my current specs:
  • Firmware: 3.2U
  • HBC: Version 1.0.1 installed
  • Softmod: cIOSCORP (old old version, which will cause a problem I'm sure)
  • Preloader v0.28
  • IOS v30
  • Sysmenu v289
  • cIOS38 rev14
Now the first step I tried taking was to update the HBC to v. 1.0.6, which gave me the following message:

HackMii v.0.6
This installer can NOT continue!
"...no known vulnerable IOS installed..."

Upon researching www.hackmii.org, I found out it's most likely caused by my install of an early version of cIOSCORP.
  • What I want to do is remove this old version of cIOSCORP.
  • Then I want to update my HBC
  • Then update my system menu to 4.1 (which I believe causes less problems than 4.2; correct if wrong)
  • Install a safeguard (like Priiloader & BootMii)
  • Install the newer, more stable release of cIOSCORP (what are we up to now, 3.6?).
How plausible could this be? I'm sure once I get the hang of things, I'll be a quick learner. The first step I want to do: Remove the old cIOSCORP. How can I go about doing this without bricking my system?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
removing cIOSCorp is easy,get the 3.6 version,then install it(or uninstall the old one,not sure if there is an option for this,but find the way to uninstall) then run the Hackmii installer,once you got Bootmii(FIRST!)and everything up,go 4.2 or 4.1,your choice.If your gonna use the System Update,IOS wont be a problem,but if your gonna install the System Menu via WAD Manager,install IOS 70 for 4.2 and 60 for 4.1 first

more info here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds fine to me.

I would put your wii online, use dop-ios-mod v11.5 with ios249
Install ios34 without patches, install ios60 with patches
Then run the hackmii installer v0.6 and install HBC, Bootmii as boot2 if you can, ios if you can't, DVDx if you like not sure if it is updated or not.

Then run the cIOSCORP 3x uninstaller
Update to 4.1, use dop-ios-mod or the safe updater, be sure to install ios60 with patches first
Then install cIOSCORP 3.6

After that install priiloader and perhaps cios38-r17

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
mauifrog said:
Sounds fine to me.

Then run the hackmii installer v0.6 and install HBC, Bootmii as boot2 if you can, ios if you can't, DVDx if you like not sure if it is updated or not.

Then run the cIOSCORP 3x uninstaller
Update to 4.1, use dop-ios-mod or the safe updater, be sure to install ios60 with patches first
Then install cIOSCORP 3.6

After that install priiloader and perhaps cios38-r17

Or if you want to virginize your Wii then re-hack it, just update online to 4.2, then follow one of the many, many tutorials available.

Prince Valmont

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:

Ok, using dop-ios-mod, I've installed ios249. Now, using the same program, I'm attempting to install ios34 without patches. Under the DOP-IOS menu, I've selected IOS, then scrolled to IOS34 and tried to install the latest v3348 of IOS34, but it's not asking me if I want patches or not. Am I supposed to be using the DOP-IOS to install IOS34 & IOS60? And will I be prompted to install patches or not?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prince Valmont said:
mauifrog said:

Ok, using dop-ios-mod, I've installed ios249. Now, using the same program, I'm attempting to install ios34 without patches. Under the DOP-IOS menu, I've selected IOS, then scrolled to IOS34 and tried to install the latest v3348 of IOS34, but it's not asking me if I want patches or not. Am I supposed to be using the DOP-IOS to install IOS34 & IOS60? And will I be prompted to install patches or not?
You just deleted your cIOS by installing IOS249 with DOP-IOS MOD. The IOS249 on Nintendo's server is a stub, it doesn't do anything.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You just deleted your cIOS by installing IOS249 with DOP-IOS MOD
That's impossible (or should be anyway). DOP-IOS MOD doesn't let you install stubs...if he really installed it with DOP-IOS MOD, there's a bug that needs squashing.

Prince Valmont

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when the program first starts up, it asks me which IOS I would like to use to install other IOSes?, I selected IOS: 249 and then hit A. That's all I did with this program so far.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Well when the program first starts up, it asks me which IOS I would like to use to install other IOSes?, I selected IOS: 249 and then hit A. That's all I did with this program so far.
You told it to run using IOS249, not install it. That's what you're supposed to do.

QUOTE said:
Am I supposed to be using the DOP-IOS to install IOS34 & IOS60?
Yes you are. You should install IOS61 as well. You'll need it for the HBC and the shop channel.

then scrolled to IOS34 and tried to install the latest v3348 of IOS34, but it's not asking me if I want patches or not.
What DOP-IOS are you running? You should use DOP-IOS MOD 11.5.

It should ask about the patches. You should say NO them for IOS34 and IOS61, and YES to them for IOS60. If it doesn't ask, I have no clue why.

Prince Valmont

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is indeed 11.5.
So to progress forward, I tell it to run under IOS249, then select IOSs, scroll left to select IOS34. Then I have some different options:
(A) Install latest v3348 of IOS34
or
(-)/GV:(L): Install old v1039 of IOS34

Prince Valmont

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, techboy, it's working like a dream now.

Another question, and this one is just me being picky.

I installed bootmii as Boot2, but is there anyway to disable it popping up every time I turn on the wii? Just having to get up to the system to push reset each time to load the system menu causes a slight annoyance. There's a way to load it from HBC, isn't there?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the bootmii configuration editor from wiibrew. You can use it to skip the bootmii screen or autoboot the system menu or HBC after a few seconds of inaction.

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Prince Valmont said:
There's a way to load it from HBC, isn't there?
There is, but bootmii needs to also be installed as an IOS for it to work.

To add on to that, even if it is installed as IOS you'll still have it installed as boot2, and you'll still get the BootMii menu at boot.

But, as FenrirWolf said, the bootmii configuration editor is a great tool.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't apply any patches to IOS61.

Doing so on IOS61 can make your HBC appear upside down, and causes issues with the shop channel.

While you're in DOP-IOS MOD, install the latest shop channel as well. Old versions nag you to update when you run them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo