Megaman Zero Collection DS trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First trailer showing gameplay footage of the Rockman Zero Collection for Nintendo DS-

So, a complete strait port with almost no differences it would seem. Contains all 4 Zero games, no improvements in graphics, likely none in sound either. Not that it needed it though. Looks like you can collect artwork (or maybe it's there from the start) to use as wallpaper to fill up the unused screen. Aside from that, the only difference is the view size, which has been expanded to DS resolution I assume. I guess we can see a few pixels farther than we could originally. Music is likely the same too, GBA music is used as the soundtrack for the trailer.

EDIT-

"UPDATE: Upon closer inspection, the menu depicted at the 1:15 point looks to an e-modification card menu...
The Rockman Zero modification cards were cards sold exclusively in Japan in 2004, and when used with Nintendo's e-Reader device, they would make minor modifications to Rockman Zero's 3 gameplay. To accommodate for the lack of an e-Reader, Zero Collection looks to be implementing this system within the game itself. 'Course, this is just speculation, so don't take my word for it. "

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...ut-trailer.html

April 22, 2010 for Japan. No US date yet, we'll see.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought that the blood was the most inappropriate thing Capcom is ever done. And I mean that in a logic way. Making non-flesh robots explode in blood was just stupid. The blood was kept in the intro when the humans got shot, as it was logical. But robots don't bleed. I know reploids are more human-like, but not all the robots you fight ingame.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you wanna get technical, it doesn't have to be "blood" I guess... some kind of oil, or generic fluids? I just don't like the fact that they took it out for the English release(s? only really sure about the first one, been far too long). An option would be the best thing, but I'm not really gonna complain about something so small in a collection this awesome.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So, a complete strait port with almost no differences it would seem. Contains all 4 Zero games, no improvements in graphics, likely none in sound either.

Um, this is Capcom we're talking about. You expected anything more than that? They are known for their lazy ports.

This game basically caters to Mega Man fans that have a DSi/cannot find certain Zero games in the series. If you already have the GBA games, there's really no point to get this.

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Translating it should be no problem as there are english texts available in the gba version. Would love to lay my hands on it before it gets localized.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
QUOTE said:
So, a complete strait port with almost no differences it would seem. Contains all 4 Zero games, no improvements in graphics, likely none in sound either.

Um, this is Capcom we're talking about. You expected anything more than that? They are known for their lazy ports.

This game basically caters to Mega Man fans that have a DSi/cannot find certain Zero games in the series. If you already have the GBA games, there's really no point to get this.
Of course I knew this. I'm just reporting... We all know Capcom and what they do.
rolleyes.gif
To be fair though, they have made ports with enhancements, even lazy ones. Battle Network 5 featured an AWESOME remixed soundtrack for the DS port. It's hard to tell what Capcom will do.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroTm said:
Translating it should be no problem as there are english texts available in the gba version. Would love to lay my hands on it before it gets localized.
Yeah, I was wondering that since it is just straight up ports with no differences between the GBA versions. Is it possible to even do that?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the GBA didn't have great sound, would be great to hear them updated with DS standards like MMZX and that Megaman Battle Network port.
Would be nice to see improved visuals but its not as needed as the sound goes.
Great music, but the GBA sound hardware kinda ruins it.
Simply retranslating the music for the DS hardware should be easy really.

I hope this makes it to the states. MMzero was a good series.
Though I bet it'll get here no problem.
Just take forever.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have a blood enabler option. xD
Not that robots bleed but hey, its cool looking.

An ultimate Boss rush and some extra levels would be interesting.
A mode to play as Megaman with Zero in Megaman's place in the story would be fun.

Capcom is known to skimp a little on extra features in their multi game packs so not expecting much, but would be stupid if they don't improve the audio.

Seems this year will have plenty of ports to the DS.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Hell Yeah!

I'm waiting for this^^

Never play MZ1 though..

little graphic improvement would be great.
music is fine (at least when i was playing it) but remix is appreciate.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone posted a translated trailer-

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=111198

There are actually rumors now of a boss rush, as implied by the trailer possibly. Personally, I don't think the games were that bad sound-wise. They had far superior sound quality to the Battle Network games. I doubt seriously they'll improve the audio for two reasons. 1- they didn't in the OSS port. 1- they used the GBA music in this trailer. If they were going to improve the music, you'd think they'd use the better quality versions in this trailer to hype it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*