Megaman Zero Collection DS trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jan 18, 2010.

Jan 18, 2010
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    First trailer showing gameplay footage of the Rockman Zero Collection for Nintendo DS-

So, a complete strait port with almost no differences it would seem. Contains all 4 Zero games, no improvements in graphics, likely none in sound either. Not that it needed it though. Looks like you can collect artwork (or maybe it's there from the start) to use as wallpaper to fill up the unused screen. Aside from that, the only difference is the view size, which has been expanded to DS resolution I assume. I guess we can see a few pixels farther than we could originally. Music is likely the same too, GBA music is used as the soundtrack for the trailer.

EDIT-

"UPDATE: Upon closer inspection, the menu depicted at the 1:15 point looks to an e-modification card menu...
    The Rockman Zero modification cards were cards sold exclusively in Japan in 2004, and when used with Nintendo's e-Reader device, they would make minor modifications to Rockman Zero's 3 gameplay. To accommodate for the lack of an e-Reader, Zero Collection looks to be implementing this system within the game itself. 'Course, this is just speculation, so don't take my word for it. "

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...ut-trailer.html

April 22, 2010 for Japan. No US date yet, we'll see.

2. Mr.Mysterio

Member Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Qatar
    It would have been nice to see some extras.
    Still gonna get it if it gets localized.

3. granville
    OP

United States
    Updated with some info about a modification menu they've added from the Japanese originals.

4. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    My biggest hope is that they'll be "uncensored" in the US release, i.e. the blood when you use the saber on the robots.

5. granville
    OP

United States
    I always thought that the blood was the most inappropriate thing Capcom is ever done. And I mean that in a logic way. Making non-flesh robots explode in blood was just stupid. The blood was kept in the intro when the humans got shot, as it was logical. But robots don't bleed. I know reploids are more human-like, but not all the robots you fight ingame.

6. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Well if you wanna get technical, it doesn't have to be "blood" I guess... some kind of oil, or generic fluids? I just don't like the fact that they took it out for the English release(s? only really sure about the first one, been far too long). An option would be the best thing, but I'm not really gonna complain about something so small in a collection this awesome.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Um, this is Capcom we're talking about. You expected anything more than that? They are known for their lazy ports.

This game basically caters to Mega Man fans that have a DSi/cannot find certain Zero games in the series. If you already have the GBA games, there's really no point to get this.

8. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    True what War just had type...anyways they could of at least put REMIX soundtracks inside the game at least?

9. ZeroTm

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Translating it should be no problem as there are english texts available in the gba version. Would love to lay my hands on it before it gets localized.

10. granville
    OP

United States
    Of course I knew this. I'm just reporting... We all know Capcom and what they do. [​IMG] To be fair though, they have made ports with enhancements, even lazy ones. Battle Network 5 featured an AWESOME remixed soundtrack for the DS port. It's hard to tell what Capcom will do.

11. Smef

Former Staff Smef The GbaTemp Hitchhiker

United States
    I would really enjoy seeing this in the US. I'm a big MMX fan, and while MMZ wasn't quite as good as the SNES MMX (and MMX8) you would probably see me buying this on release day.

12. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Yeah, I was wondering that since it is just straight up ports with no differences between the GBA versions. Is it possible to even do that?

13. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    the GBA didn't have great sound, would be great to hear them updated with DS standards like MMZX and that Megaman Battle Network port.
    Would be nice to see improved visuals but its not as needed as the sound goes.
    Great music, but the GBA sound hardware kinda ruins it.
    Simply retranslating the music for the DS hardware should be easy really.

I hope this makes it to the states. MMzero was a good series.
    Though I bet it'll get here no problem.
    Just take forever.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have a blood enabler option. xD
    Not that robots bleed but hey, its cool looking.

An ultimate Boss rush and some extra levels would be interesting.
    A mode to play as Megaman with Zero in Megaman's place in the story would be fun.

Capcom is known to skimp a little on extra features in their multi game packs so not expecting much, but would be stupid if they don't improve the audio.

Seems this year will have plenty of ports to the DS.

14. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Hell Yeah!

I'm waiting for this^^

Never play MZ1 though..

little graphic improvement would be great.
    music is fine (at least when i was playing it) but remix is appreciate.

15. granville
    OP

United States
    Someone posted a translated trailer-

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=111198

There are actually rumors now of a boss rush, as implied by the trailer possibly. Personally, I don't think the games were that bad sound-wise. They had far superior sound quality to the Battle Network games. I doubt seriously they'll improve the audio for two reasons. 1- they didn't in the OSS port. 1- they used the GBA music in this trailer. If they were going to improve the music, you'd think they'd use the better quality versions in this trailer to hype it up.

16. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    another one of the few megaman news tht i really like... it looks like there isnt much left out hence nice

17. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Since i spent a year trying to find them, and only managed to get my hands on the first game. I'm so getting this collection! [​IMG]