RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it's my first time making an Acekard 2i skin, and after seeing chickenmatt5 unsuccessfully create 12 mudkip skins of his own, I felt like doing one.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6973

[6973]preview.gif

Don't worry, it'll look better on the Acekard itself, preview's not exactly accurate.
I drew the artwork myself in flash and did all the rest.
It's designed for Filename view in particular, but I've included a different lower_screen.bmp just in case you use Internal names or textlist view

Hope you like it.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
^
test it with R4 theme creator (alice)

anyway, about the theme, not as bad as chickenmatt's, but not that good. ignore some of it i'd rate it as "fair".
try to make the inteface less "flat"
wink.gif

honestly, that start panel need some work done.
no preview for progress windows/bar, window, spin box ?

another tip, flip those mudkip, watch it's mouth. i'd say it's better that the one opening it's mouth wide open would be saying "mud" and the other saying "kip".
last but not least, use flat/solid color and apply anti-aliasing trick on that clock number to make it blend with the background
wink.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I made a mistake with the preview gif, I thought it would cycle all of the screens.
previewc.gif

I wanted to settle for a simpler start panel, I tried making one that sticks out but it didn't look nearly as good, so I went for flat. I probably could've made it smaller. :\

I'll keep the anti-aliasing trick in mind. I've done skins before, but not for AKAIO, it's much more complex than R4 or CycloDS.
I also have to admit this is not my favourite skinning program, there's a heck of a lot of inaccuracies which really bites.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yup, make that start panel smaller
smile.gif

also, change the other tab to useteh same style as start panel and progress window
wink.gif

create a new button using the same style
wink.gif

unlike cyclo/edge skin maker that can use PNG and alpha channel, creating antialising for ak2 thee can be a hazle *lol, the longest part usually the time where i must create the perfect number for clock, year and day
happy.gif
it' always annoy if i can't achieved pixel perfect image

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Part of the reason the start menu is so big is because I ad-hoc'd this from another skin called BlueStripe.
Almost none of that skin remains other than an altered directory button, but that skin used a large start-menu.

The trouble is having to make all these buttons, it's hard to get creative about it since you have a whole bunch of small buttons, not three big buttons.

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bow.gif
The reason I made all those crappy Mudkip skins was to bring Mudkip skins to the Internet, one way or another. I'm trying my best, but I have no artistic ability, no Photoshop
sad.gif
, and no way to actually make origional pictures. So, thank you for making a good skin. Have you uploaded it to Acekards site? Would you like me to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...