Megaman.exe Operating Shooting Star scans

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The very first images of the remake of Megaman Battle Network for DS have appeared from CoroCoro. See below-

www.dotup.org13015.jpg

www.dotup.org13037_550x412.jpg

www.dotup.org13006_550x412.jpg

- BN MegaMan and SF MegaMan are in the BN time period
- Harp Note appears
- ClockMan is an advanced Net Navi from the SF time period
- Clockman's dialog in the pictures above: “By the way, I expect this plan to be fulfilled in 32 hours, 8 minutes and 12 seconds!!”
- detailed intro movie

So time travel is involved... Clockman, huh. The game looks the same visually, but what a twist this is. No battle details yet, though I imagine it uses the old BN style since the rest looks like BN. Even the net looks the same, except with a map.

Also- I can't help but notice the lack of Omega-Xis from Geo's arm in the scans. I wonder if this means something...

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=92326

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two things to say about this-

1- What the hell Capcom? Reusing the ORIGINAL graphics. A remake needs new graphics. At least put some damn effort into it. And they didn't redesign the net either, which is annoying as shit. At least there's a map though.

2- It's original at least, the idea. I've never seen a remake where they incorporated time travel to redo the entire plot as they seem to have done here. So +1 for something I've never seen done before.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ima get this as soon as it comes out!Sure,capcom should use some new graphics,but i quite like playing the older versions of BN.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I have two things to say about this-

1- What the hell Capcom? Reusing the ORIGINAL graphics. A remake needs new graphics. At least put some damn effort into it. And they didn't redesign the net either, which is annoying as shit. At least there's a map though.

2- It's original at least, the idea. I've never seen a remake where they incorporated time travel to redo the entire plot as they seem to have done here. So +1 for something I've never seen done before.

I don't mind actually. I thought the remade battle screen in Star Force looked like shit, and felt too confined. I would like to maybe see some more detailed sprites and environments, but I don't really care about a graphical remake, as they tend to suck when it's completely remade. Ie. FF4, Pokemon D/D/Pt./HG/SS, etc.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Also- I can't help but notice the lack of Omega-Xis from Geo's arm in the scans. I wonder if this means something...

Actually, that's his newer appearance from Mega Man Starforce 3. The Hunter-VG gives him a slightly different form, so I guess it's safe to assume this crossover takes place after Starforce 3.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameDragon said:
granville said:

Actually, that's his newer appearance from Mega Man Starforce 3. The Hunter-VG gives him a slightly different form, so I guess it's safe to assume this crossover takes place after Starforce 3.

That's probably true. And the Star Force series isn't over yet as far as I know.

But I give credit to Capcom for using a plot thats never been used before but even so, you'd think they'd updgrade the graphics or changed the areas a bit to make navigation easier. I also wonder if there will be any kind of transformations instead of upgrades in this one. But come on Capcom, you still have a few months. You still have a few months to turn this around!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Very disappointed

This could have been a time crossover game with both stages from BN and SF.
For all we know, it could be. We don't know the full details of the plot or game yet. We've not even seen the battle system yet. So it's a little early to be jumping to conclusions as to whether the game is good or not. I personally want to see the game in action, know more about the plot, and see the battle system.

And thanks to the people who pointed out the Hunter thing in SF3. I played and beat all 3 SF games, but I guess I just didn't notice that he changed appearances. Even though he says ingame that he looks different.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Said to be coming out near the end of the year in Japan. Which would likely mean September or so for US.
More like June 2010. Capcom releases Mega Man Battle Network/Star Force games every summer when they localize. I wouldn't count on seeing it on store shelves till 2010.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Capcom has got to be shitting me, seriously.
I've been replaying Battle Network 1 today and compared to BN3 and BN6, it's incredibly archaic now.
I can't believe the internet appears to actually be the same, with the same weird system of obtaining addresses (i.e. @dex) and links (i.e. /dex). It may've been the original internet system but it was hardly the best, thankfully they're giving you a map.

Other weird things only in the first game were:
Very awkward scripting, timing and dialogue
Unusual chipdata like the BusterChips, the Escape Chips, and the incredibly broken Hero Sword.
The chip-trader that would easily give you Hero Sword if you kept resetting the game.
The full HP recovery inbetween battles
The mystery data in the game was all indistinguishable, blue or green could be a random prize or something that never comes back. There's even a purple mystery data in the Oven network.
Mr Progs were literally killed off by WWW programs
The battle system was much more basic, only plain, cracked and hole panels, no ice, grass, sand, magnet, metal, coming/going panels, etc.
Gutsman is one of the first enemies with only 200 HP and doesn't even have boss music.
Enemy chipdata was way difficult to obtain, the game was stingy as it gets.
Buster attack power, a fully powered buster could deal 80 damage, (or even 96 after hubbatch is installed.)

Eh, despite all that, I look forward to the game.
tongue.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't remind me how much I disliked the insane powered navis you fight. I'm pretty sure at like 400-600 hp or so skullman (v2 maybe?) wiped me out in 2 shots. The escape chips were annoying. Yeah the mystery data bugged me. >.> No lifesword.
frown.gif

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom better tie this together with some reasonable explanation, because Starforce takes place 200 years after the Battle Network series.

Vartio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how so far we only know the general maps are the same. Other than that, none of the nuances listed like 3-4 posts above mine are confirmed in any form. If anything, they probably changed that.

(Besides, the HP restore thing could be explained as a protective program on navis that was broken via Hub.Bat).

That said, we'll probably see a complete change in Chips and playstyle compared to BN1.

ShoMinamimoto from TUS, signing out of this topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo