Megaman.exe Operating Shooting Star scans

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Aug 7, 2009.

Aug 7, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The very first images of the remake of Megaman Battle Network for DS have appeared from CoroCoro. See below-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- BN MegaMan and SF MegaMan are in the BN time period
    - Harp Note appears
    - ClockMan is an advanced Net Navi from the SF time period
    - Clockman's dialog in the pictures above: “By the way, I expect this plan to be fulfilled in 32 hours, 8 minutes and 12 seconds!!”
    - detailed intro movie

So time travel is involved... Clockman, huh. The game looks the same visually, but what a twist this is. No battle details yet, though I imagine it uses the old BN style since the rest looks like BN. Even the net looks the same, except with a map.

Also- I can't help but notice the lack of Omega-Xis from Geo's arm in the scans. I wonder if this means something...

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=92326

2. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I am not a happy camper..not a happy one at all.

3. vergilite

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    i don't know why you would be i mean really the original megaman battle network was better and the original RULES

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "Remake"? Lol. Oh Capcom.

5. granville
    OP

United States
    I have two things to say about this-

1- What the hell Capcom? Reusing the ORIGINAL graphics. A remake needs new graphics. At least put some damn effort into it. And they didn't redesign the net either, which is annoying as shit. At least there's a map though.

2- It's original at least, the idea. I've never seen a remake where they incorporated time travel to redo the entire plot as they seem to have done here. So +1 for something I've never seen done before.

6. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    lol ima get this as soon as it comes out!Sure,capcom should use some new graphics,but i quite like playing the older versions of BN.

7. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I don't mind actually. I thought the remade battle screen in Star Force looked like shit, and felt too confined. I would like to maybe see some more detailed sprites and environments, but I don't really care about a graphical remake, as they tend to suck when it's completely remade. Ie. FF4, Pokemon D/D/Pt./HG/SS, etc.

8. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Actually, that's his newer appearance from Mega Man Starforce 3. The Hunter-VG gives him a slightly different form, so I guess it's safe to assume this crossover takes place after Starforce 3.

9. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Very disappointed

This could have been a time crossover game with both stages from BN and SF.

10. Rock Raiyu

United States
    That's probably true. And the Star Force series isn't over yet as far as I know.

But I give credit to Capcom for using a plot thats never been used before but even so, you'd think they'd updgrade the graphics or changed the areas a bit to make navigation easier. I also wonder if there will be any kind of transformations instead of upgrades in this one. But come on Capcom, you still have a few months. You still have a few months to turn this around!

11. granville
    OP

United States
    For all we know, it could be. We don't know the full details of the plot or game yet. We've not even seen the battle system yet. So it's a little early to be jumping to conclusions as to whether the game is good or not. I personally want to see the game in action, know more about the plot, and see the battle system.

And thanks to the people who pointed out the Hunter thing in SF3. I played and beat all 3 SF games, but I guess I just didn't notice that he changed appearances. Even though he says ingame that he looks different.

12. mad567

Member mad567 D. Gregar

Greece
    Can't wait for this game when it comes out?????

13. granville
    OP

United States
    Said to be coming out near the end of the year in Japan. Which would likely mean September or so for US.

14. Rock Raiyu

United States
    More like June 2010. Capcom releases Mega Man Battle Network/Star Force games every summer when they localize. I wouldn't count on seeing it on store shelves till 2010.

15. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Capcom has got to be shitting me, seriously.
    I've been replaying Battle Network 1 today and compared to BN3 and BN6, it's incredibly archaic now.
    I can't believe the internet appears to actually be the same, with the same weird system of obtaining addresses (i.e. @dex) and links (i.e. /dex). It may've been the original internet system but it was hardly the best, thankfully they're giving you a map.

Other weird things only in the first game were:
    Very awkward scripting, timing and dialogue
    Unusual chipdata like the BusterChips, the Escape Chips, and the incredibly broken Hero Sword.
    The chip-trader that would easily give you Hero Sword if you kept resetting the game.
    The full HP recovery inbetween battles
    The mystery data in the game was all indistinguishable, blue or green could be a random prize or something that never comes back. There's even a purple mystery data in the Oven network.
    Mr Progs were literally killed off by WWW programs
    The battle system was much more basic, only plain, cracked and hole panels, no ice, grass, sand, magnet, metal, coming/going panels, etc.
    Gutsman is one of the first enemies with only 200 HP and doesn't even have boss music.
    Enemy chipdata was way difficult to obtain, the game was stingy as it gets.
    Buster attack power, a fully powered buster could deal 80 damage, (or even 96 after hubbatch is installed.)

Eh, despite all that, I look forward to the game. [​IMG]

16. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Don't remind me how much I disliked the insane powered navis you fight. I'm pretty sure at like 400-600 hp or so skullman (v2 maybe?) wiped me out in 2 shots. The escape chips were annoying. Yeah the mystery data bugged me. >.> No lifesword. [​IMG]

17. soliunasm

Member soliunasm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Capcom better tie this together with some reasonable explanation, because Starforce takes place 200 years after the Battle Network series.

18. shinnyuuya

Member shinnyuuya GBAtemp Fan

Indonesia
    but if it's rockman exe itself it's fine. because programs never aged in years (exept developer wanted to)

19. Vartio

Newcomer Vartio Member

United States
    I love how so far we only know the general maps are the same. Other than that, none of the nuances listed like 3-4 posts above mine are confirmed in any form. If anything, they probably changed that.

(Besides, the HP restore thing could be explained as a protective program on navis that was broken via Hub.Bat).

That said, we'll probably see a complete change in Chips and playstyle compared to BN1.

ShoMinamimoto from TUS, signing out of this topic.

20. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    lololol. They threw in the graphics of a GBA game and name it a DS Game.

Still gonna try it... Better than Startforce...