Jethro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I received my 3 in 1 expansion pack today and did some research and did my best to get that thing working before i wrote this.
Unfortunately... with no results.

Here's the situation:

I have a DS lite with R4DS and 3 in 1 Expansion Pack to run GBA roms.
Everything is DLDI patched, Sram patched.
The roms are all patched to save with sram function etc. I have tried both GBA_exploader and 3in1_Exp_Tool by Rudolph.
All roms load correctly and plays fine.
But when I save my game (eg. Final Fantasy VI advance) and turn the DS off, all the save data are lost.
I have tried both PSRAM and NOR, but with no succes. With the PSRAM it will be a corrupted file or just lost.
And with NOR it will always lose the save file.

Please help me... =\

The only thing i can think of is that the battery is not working, but it seems impossible to me, because this thing is new...

Jethro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
everything is patched, i even got clean roms. and after i DLDI patched GBA EXPloader it will freeze... and that's the same with older versions now...

EDIT: if I start 3in1 Exp tool by rudolph and THEN go Exploader 0.58 it works, but still no saves. I can freely store roms to NOR or PSRAM and play them, but still no saves.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your R4DS is a clone or a genuine one ? Which OS version do you use on it ?
As far as i know this flashcart is able to automatically patch DLDI homebrews so you don't have to patch them manually.

Jethro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ccosmos said:
Your R4DS is a clone or a genuine one ? Which OS version do you use on it ?
As far as i know this flashcart is able to automatically patch DLDI homebrews so you don't have to patch them manually.

I am using a genuine R4DS v 1.18

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have the same setup, I am not currently having those issues for the exploader. Do you have enough room left on the microSD, it normally needs about 4MB of free space to do things. exploader needs about 2MB of space to if you plan to dump the whole save.

and what game are you trying to run.

Jethro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how_do_i_do_that said:
I have the same setup, I am not currently having those issues for the exploader. Do you have enough room left on the microSD, it normally needs about 4MB of free space to do things. exploader needs about 2MB of space to if you plan to dump the whole save.

and what game are you trying to run.

I have 128 MB free memory left and the game i'm trying to run = Final Fantasy VI advance (and lots of other RPGs =] )

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need to edit the GBA_ExpLoader.ini file to turn off multisave, your saves for PSRAM are automatically saved to file on next startup, the NOR mode still requires you to manually save.

Turn off the multisave in the ini file by removing the # in front of No_MultiSave then save the file.

FF VI runs fine here in PSRAM mode and you don't need to patch it since FF VI uses SRAM_113.

Bentso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Battery in my 3 in 1 was dead out of the box. So don't think that battery couldn't be dead because your 3 in 1 is new. I also had problems saving in GBA-games. After I changed the battery saving works ok.

Luckily replacing the battery is easy and cheap. CR1220-battery in my local electronics shop was 3 €.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same problem occurs on mine, although only sometimes e.g. sometimes when I'm playing GTA advance, I will save the game and switch off, then when I switch it on again it won't be saved but will continue from the previous time I saved it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q