ROM Hack Image extracting program?

arcania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I looked around, and I swear, I couldn't find anything useful. I hope this is the right place to post this.
Anyway, I'm looking for a program that can extract image files from NDS files. Is there even such a thing? I looked around, and it seems like sound extracting prgrams are a dime a dozen, but I couldn't find anything relating to images.
I'd really appreciate some help with this, thank you.
Also, the game I'm trying to extract from is Rune Factory. Hope that helps somehow. >>

arcania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well I tried using Tahaxan, but it didn't help much in the way of showing character pictures (or anything, really. Too many unknown formats for it) There has to be SOME sort of program out there though. I mean, I saw some character profile pictures online, they had to have come from somewhere(it's not like they were uploaded on the official game site)
So yeah ._.

arcania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
HernanZh said:
NDS games usually encode their images in GBA 4bpp or 8bpp mode. It's very straightforward. Look up tile editors that can view them. Tile molestor is a popular one, it has a lot of options, including 4bpp and 8bpp, so look up that one.

Well I downloaded it, but I couldn't even past uploading the file, since it apparently doesn't support .NDS formats?

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece

arcania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Noitora said:
arcania said:
I tried, but It doesn't work ;_;...
What do you mean it doesn't work? be more specific so we can help you.

Well when I open up TileMolestor, it doesn't acknowledge any of the files in the extracted game folder. None of the formats in there are compatible with it.

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
arcania said:
Noitora said:
arcania said:
I tried, but It doesn't work ;_;...
What do you mean it doesn't work? be more specific so we can help you.

Well when I open up TileMolestor, it doesn't acknowledge any of the files in the extracted game folder. None of the formats in there are compatible with it.
Tile molester just happens to know some formats from certain consoles. You can open any file with it. It's just a matter of selecting the right encoding, widths and modes.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arcania said:
Files of Type: All files

arcania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
DarthNemesis said:
arcania said:
Files of Type: All files

Yeah, I was just about to mention that....I'm assuming that's what HernanZh meant. I just did that, but everything I open up just comes up as a bunch of jumbled pixals...I know it's pretty noobish, but I don't know how to work this thing. Is there anything else I need to do with it other then just opening the file?

boojumz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
go to view, codec and, since its a ds game, try 4bpp linear and 8bpp linear. then you might have to find the palette. depends on the game. sometimes things come out clearly without it...

Mochron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a similar issue, I can view the image through Tahaxan, using the palette file. But I can't open the palette file with TileMolester, it doesn't recognise the file type, and I can't select all file types.

Rigle

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mochron said:
I'm having a similar issue, I can view the image through Tahaxan, using the palette file. But I can't open the palette file with TileMolester, it doesn't recognise the file type, and I can't select all file types.

+1...I'm waiting for a answer too
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0