Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Every game I've tried to patch with a trainer always ends up with a filesize smaller than what it was before.

For example, with Megaman ZX. I start with 'mmzx.nds', about 65 MB. And I have the patch file, TF-MMZX6.BDF.

So I use the command:
bspatch.exe mmzx.nds mmzx_trn.nds TF-MMZX6.BDF

But the mmzx_trn.nds file comes out at about 45 MB. And of course when I put it on my M3, it won't run.

Am I doing something wrong?

And are there any specific settings I should use to put it on the M3 that are different that what I for the unpatched game?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You seem to have the syntax OK.

1. The Megaman trainer is not the most stable trainer in the world (the NFO mentions this) and is likely the cause of your issues.

2. Roms are not exactly 16/32/64.... megs, the chips they come on are and so the roms get made up to the size of the chip by adding 00/FF's to them. The trainer likely comes from a image with these junk bytes removed nothing else.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm trying to add this trainer to the same game but having no luck at all.i try to put in the same command as you samutz but all i get is "bspatch.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".
i'm about to give up on the trainer thing as i'm just having no luck.how hard is it to make a bat file out of these trainers.thanks...........sudeki300

chuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well it's not that difficult sudeki300

here is the step by step guide:
1. unzip trainer to your C:\dir\
2. put the game.nds in the same dir
3. put bspatch.exe in the same dir if it didn't come with the trainer
3. press windows key + r (or start >run)
4. enter cmd
5. do cd.. until you're at C:\
6. cd dir (the dir you chose in step one)
7. bspatch.exe game.nds game2.nds trainer.bdf

the error you get is when you run bspatch from a folder where there is no bspatch.exe
smile.gif

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry mate i'm having a right thick day.i have never used command line before so
please bear with me.when you say unzip your trainer to C:/dir/ what do you mean and the bit about "do cd.. until you're at C:\".i don't get that bit either.the folder def has a bspatch.exe in it.thanks i really value your help mate...............sudeki300

chuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well
the trainer you downloaded is probably in a compressed file (like zip/rar/7z/...)
download winrar
install it
right click on the compressed file and choose extract files...
browse to C:\, make a new dir called what ever you want (in the example it's just called dir)

when you see the cmd window you'll see that you are in C:\Documents and Settings\username
cd.. is a command that tells the program to go a directory lower
so when you type in cd.. and press enter you'll be in C:\Documents and Settings
do it again
and then type in cd dir(the directory where the extracted files are in)
this tells the program to go to that directory

here's an example of the directory with all the needed files in it
http://users.skynet.be/ak1ra/cv.jpg (click)
the first icon in it is the original rom
second one is the patched rom
third one is bspatch.exe

http://users.skynet.be/ak1ra/cv2.jpg
that's the command window which shows each step I used to patch the game with the trainer

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks chuuu your help as been very welcome.you have helped me with something that has been out of my grasp for a long time.take care and have a good weekend buddy........................sudeki300

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well
the trainer you downloaded is probably in a compressed file (like zip/rar/7z/...)
download winrar
install it
right click on the compressed file and choose extract files...
browse to C:\, make a new dir#ectory# called what ever you want (in the example it's just called dir)

when you see the cmd window you'll see that you are in C:\Documents and Settings\##
cd.. #he means cd .. as far as i can tell# is a command that tells the program to go a directory lower #actually a directory higher#
so when you type in cd.. and press enter you'll be in C:\Documents and Settings #look above#
do it again
and then type in cd dir(the directory where the extracted files are in) #cd #
this tells the program to go to that directory

here's an example of the directory with all the needed files in it
http://users.skynet.be/ak1ra/cv.jpg (click)
the first icon in it is the original rom
second one is the patched rom
third one is bspatch.exe

http://users.skynet.be/ak1ra/cv2.jpg
that's the command window which shows each step I used to patch the game with the trainer

I think you meant what i commented in, using # to start a comment, and # to end it. not that it was a bad post, im justing making it easier for the newbs and for those learning not to be confused about directory structure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk