Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.. I've been reashearching all of this for a while and sadly I'm completely lost. I know how to format the n3dsxl. I can probably use powersaves to backup my games first. I think I know how to remove the SD card and etc but I'm kinda lost after that. I'm sure I start with this but after that in very confused. I'm really just planning on expierementing acnl for now but. I'm just.. Not exactly sure what to download first. I got to downgrade from the 10.7 update is all I know to do. Can someone point me in the right direction and ill go from there. Hope I don't sound stupid...

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.. I've been reashearching all of this for a while and sadly I'm completely lost. I know how to format the n3dsxl. I can probably use powersaves to backup my games first. I think I know how to remove the SD card and etc but I'm kinda lost after that. I'm sure I start with this but after that in very confused. I'm really just planning on expierementing acnl for now but. I'm just.. Not exactly sure what to download first. I got to downgrade from the 10.7 update is all I know to do. Can someone point me in the right direction and ill go from there. Hope I don't sound stupid...
Na don't worry. You seem lost, but we've all been there. Since you're on 10.7, do you have Oothax setup? I know that you have Powersaves, so I'm assume you do?

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Na don't worry. You seem lost, but we've all been there. Since you're on 10.7, do you have Oothax setup? I know that you have Powersaves, so I'm assume you do?
I'm not quiet sure to be honest. I know I've slightly nodded game saves with power saves then of course back them up. Like I said in quiet new at this. It seems like from your post that I need to download Oothax after backing the saves and formatting?

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Hey! I'm trying to downgrade from 10.7 to 10.5 using smashhax. I've attempted about 20 times so far. Every single time, the screen flashes red for half a second and then both screens go dark.

Any ideas on what I could try?
memchunkhax2.1 can fail sometimes. Especially with smashhax. Keep trying. Or, redownload the sysUpdater.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm a little scared here, cause I want to do this, but only to use Gateway so I can carry one card, I don't have the nerve to install cfw or figure out how to use the emerald and what not, and can't find good info about it all, but I have a N3DS with 10.7, working on getting the 10.7 save for OOT, via Powersaves, but I put the 9.2 download folder on the SD card below the 3ds folder, and both sys check folders in the 3ds folder along with the OOT installer folder.. Praying that when I wipe the system and micro sd card and check the updater I get no errors and I downgrade without error, but I assume I have to figure out the emunand and these Cia files to still be able to use eshop and online functions via emunand update?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm a little scared here, cause I want to do this, but only to use Gateway so I can carry one card, I don't have the nerve to install cfw or figure out how to use the emerald and what not, and can't find good info about it all, but I have a N3DS with 10.7, working on getting the 10.7 save for OOT, via Powersaves, but I put the 9.2 download folder on the SD card below the 3ds folder, and both sys check folders in the 3ds folder along with the OOT installer folder.. Praying that when I wipe the system and micro sd card and check the updater I get no errors and I downgrade without error, but I assume I have to figure out the emunand and these Cia files to still be able to use eshop and online functions via emunand update?
Gateway will handle emunand for you along with updates aslong as your in emunand, but I'd just recommend buying a 64G sd, learning Cfw and installing cias

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi sorry for the lateness had to go to bed for work but I'm assuming that I only need the the starter kit. And the robin payload onto my SDCard since I got acne?
yeah after you install the hacked save to your cart

Reactions: Just Passing By

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway will handle emunand for you along with updates aslong as your in emunand, but I'd just recommend buying a 64G sd, learning Cfw and installing cias

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah after you install the hacked save to your cart
Ok I keep running into trouble. I've only manage to get the starter kit into the SD card right and making sure my save is backedup but I can't seem to get the get the hacked save to work. It keeps saying its invalid. I've tried both of the USA n3ds 5600 files and in not sure what I'm doing wrong.. _._

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to make sure you take the name from the back up and replace it with the hacked save file name minus what is in the (.....) bars

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get all my file and what not, my OOT hacked save loaded and launched homebrew, so i dont need to install the oot launcher since the hax is already on the rom, but when i check with safe sys check the md5 failed on the first check, but i double check my downloaded file and it is the correct n3ds 9.2 update folder.. Remember when i said i was scarred haha well i follow directions to the T, but now im at an impass..

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get all my file and what not, my OOT hacked save loaded and launched homebrew, so i dont need to install the oot launcher since the hax is already on the rom, but when i check with safe sys check the md5 failed on the first check, but i double check my downloaded file and it is the correct n3ds 9.2 update folder.. Remember when i said i was scarred haha well i follow directions to the T, but now im at an impass..
If the md5 check fails it's not the right pack make sure you have the right region and model update pack

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 10.7 N3DS from America.. The MD5 is the N3DS 9.2 from America :(
Go to this site and go to where it says "part 2 downgrading" (may be a little off) on the right hand tab. There should be downgrade pack links. Those downgrade packs will work. Don't worry if the md5 check fails or whatever. Also I recommend checking the md5 for the .rar file itself just to make sure it's not corrupted.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well screw it i got all the way to the point where i have to use CakesFW to enable Emunand, and i cant get it to load..

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'm at a loss here. I have tried EVERYTHING I could to get the oo3dshax onto my new 3ds xl and I clearly am doing something wrong. I've followed and rewatched a video thanks to just passing by. I've managed to get the homebrew kit onto my sd. But between backing up my animal crossing new leaf and trying to get the hax or i'm guessing hacked game y powersaves keeps failing to restore as I will show you on a snapshot. I've tried the files for the new 3ds xl for 10.7 and 10.6. I've tried watching another video with a slightly different tutorial but powersaves still fails. I don't have the game Zelda game that both videos used or can affored it right now. I also saw another video about downgrading to 9.2 and it seems I need that or two other games I can't affored right now.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    63.7 KB · Views: 161

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, don't spoil me stuff pls