Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'm at a loss here. I have tried EVERYTHING I could to get the oo3dshax onto my new 3ds xl and I clearly am doing something wrong. I've followed and rewatched a video thanks to just passing by. I've managed to get the homebrew kit onto my sd. But between backing up my animal crossing new leaf and trying to get the hax or i'm guessing hacked game y powersaves keeps failing to restore as I will show you on a snapshot. I've tried the files for the new 3ds xl for 10.7 and 10.6. I've tried watching another video with a slightly different tutorial but powersaves still fails. I don't have the game Zelda game that both videos used or can affored it right now. I also saw another video about downgrading to 9.2 and it seems I need that or two other games I can't affored right now.
Never used powersave but the version of oot should not matter, make a backup of the current save on the cart then apply that name to your save and try to restore

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must not be understand
Never used powersave but the version of oot should not matter, make a backup of the current save on the cart then apply that name to your save and try to restore
I must not be understanding.. I know that I've tried just putting the cartridge to powersave then backing up. I got that.. Then I put the file into my saves folder and I did rename it from the original backup and delete the original but then i tried to restore it doesn't restore..

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must not be understand

I must not be understanding.. I know that I've tried just putting the cartridge to powersave then backing up. I got that.. Then I put the file into my saves folder and I did rename it from the original backup and delete the original but then i tried to restore it doesn't restore..
What do you mean you're not using the game that the videos had?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must not be understand

Try following this guide

gloriashysteria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean you're not using the game that the videos had?
The videos had the guide for legend of zelda. I don't have that game is what I was trying to say.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try following this guide
Ty but it seems i need that game but I can't afford it right now.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The videos had the guide for legend of zelda. I don't have that game is what I was trying to say.

Ty but it seems i need that game but I can't afford it right now.
What game have you been trying it on the whole time? Ocarina of time?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im using a n3ds 9.9 usa console and got an error occurred screen like 15.cias into the process . . . how fucked am i? . . . should i turn it off?
Yes, take sd out turn console back on until it boots put sd back in get back into hacks and rerun SU to complete DG

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow this guide

Yes.

I could not get CakesFW to run, the first time it ran, but crashed with an error, every time after that i could not get it to load, it would just black screen and freeze forcing me to hard reset..

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

I could not get CakesFW to run, the first time it ran, but crashed with an error, every time after that i could not get it to load, it would just black screen and freeze forcing me to hard reset..
Did you create an emunand on your sd with emunand9?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online