Hacking Downgrade from 10.5/10.6 is now possible on O3DS. (Not Hardware Mod)

joemama1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was successful downgrading my niece's O3DS (non-XL) that was on firmware 2.X (was looking for a game cart to update firmware to hackable version).
Upgraded to 10.6 via system update. Used CN to boot HBL.
Initial downgrade crashed (not sure why, maybe I pressed 'upgrade' versus 'downgrade') which resulted in a partial downgraded system.
Updated CN to use 9.2 QR code.
Downgraded again and rebooted fine.
Need to double check tonight with the downgrade checker to confirm, but looks good.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have an old unused japanese 3DS with an hardmod (and also have OOT/Cubic Ninja), so I might try (as I was searching a way to update it to 9.2)

Last edited by davhuit,

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
I am ask big favor of knowledgeable person of consent this matter.. I am successful of 1:1 follow guide(Reddit) with no error. I want know what is exactly do to my N3DSXL(USA)?(Please explain simple saying...) Also what if to perhaps want of restore 3DS to normal? Before such modding, how to do? I do not understand how update is work... I do not want risk of system become failure!

P.S. Sorry, not so good english

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Really nice :). How coincidence is this a week ago I accidently updated from emunand.
Made a wrong backup nand needed to be hardmod first I think.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
I am not responsible for any damages that may happen to your 3DS, or provide any support, I am only posting/sharing this information for the public.
This could brick your 3DS, so proceed at your own risks.

Hardmod is recommended in case anything happens, as this is still fairly new and early stages.

Apparently you can downgrade from 10.4/10.5/10.6 without a hardmod.

**NOTE: 10.6 requires a pay entry point (OOTHAX or Cubic Ninja)**

Memchunkhax3 makes it possible to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM 10.4 to downgrade on BOTH OLD AND NEW 3DS!

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/49ix2n/downgrade_from_105106_is_now_possible_on_o3ds/

Confirmed working by a few users so far. (Reddit)

Looks legit.

Guide link in my signature.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to set it up via Ninjhax but I'm getting some error on installing the menuhax_manager.

It says towards the end: Install Failed: 0x0000002. An error occured.

Can anyone help me ??

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was successful downgrading my niece's O3DS (non-XL) that was on firmware 2.X (was looking for a game cart to update firmware to hackable version).
Upgraded to 10.6 via system update. Used CN to boot HBL.
Initial downgrade crashed (not sure why, maybe I pressed 'upgrade' versus 'downgrade') which resulted in a partial downgraded system.
Updated CN to use 9.2 QR code.
Downgraded again and rebooted fine.
Need to double check tonight with the downgrade checker to confirm, but looks good.
Please tell me you dumped the OTP while you were on your 2.X firmware. If not you just made a huge mistake. The best child proof systems are made with a9lh.

When this gets patched all will be lost if she updates sysnand.

sebbydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need help o_o i have done everything but when I load ocarina of time I get the red screen and it stays there . The things I havent done yet in the steps is have a internet connection (didn't set it up) and I didnt get the hombrew starter kit ? Im on 10.6 so I thought I didnt need to do this but skipping that a problem ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
need help o_o i have done everything but when I load ocarina of time I get the red screen and it stays there . The things I havent done yet in the steps is have a internet connection (didn't set it up) and I didnt get the hombrew starter kit ? Im on 10.6 so I thought I didnt need to do this but skipping that a problem ?
You need to at least have boot.3dsx on the root of your sd card if you want to access the homebrew launcher. Any apps you want to use (.3dsx files) need to go in a 3ds folder on the root of your sd card.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lol my SD is full on Downgrade from Step 4(OTP)

How much difficult is to keep this by using a new one? Can i just copy and paste everything?

sebbydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i finally downgraded to 9.2 but when i try to launch the hombrew launcher i keep getting an error and have to turn off the n3ds. trying to dump my system nand bin but yea = (

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey i finally downgraded to 9.2 but when i try to launch the hombrew launcher i keep getting an error and have to turn off the n3ds. trying to dump my system nand bin but yea = (

Now that u are on 9.2 u need to get the new payloads for your entry point if it is Ninjhax or Oot3dhax cause u were on version 10.4+ when u started. U now need the 9.2 payloads if i'm not mistaken. Dont undrstand that very much.

Reactions: Quantumcat

sebbydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that u are on 9.2 u need to get the new payloads for your entry point if it is Ninjhax or Oot3dhax cause u were on version 10.4+ when u started. U now need the 9.2 payloads if i'm not mistaken. Dont undrstand that very much.
wow thank you 0_0 didnt think of that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait wasnt that just to downgrade only ? or i have to do a completely new save ?

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait wasnt that just to downgrade only ? or i have to do a completely new save ?

No, Ninjahax\OoT3Dhax are entry points for the homebrewlauncher and to enter emuNAND, both things u will need. Howerver now that u are on 9.2 there are plenty of other exploits u can use to log into HBL if u want to. If u dont want do get the new payloads u can use menuhax or browserhax i think, i really dont know on what firmware they are usable so u need to do some research of your own or wait a better answer.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got it done on o3DS 10.6 without hard mod, everything works like a charm as long as u follow all steps correctly.

Thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...