Hacking Downgrade from 10.5/10.6 is now possible on O3DS. (Not Hardware Mod)

D

Deleted User

Well,

Done 5 so far. 3 N3DS, O3DS and 2DS. All went fine. Updated them to 10.6 from existing versions, ran CN and ran SU. All worked 1st attempt. Nice work to the devs.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Idk, i just hope that Browserhax or menuhax will update for 10.6, or RIP my nintendo (my sister updated it) [emoji24]
I don't know for sure, but I suspect browserhax will be updated before long. There are plenty of bugs in webkit that can be exploited.

Don't know about menuhax though, given that it relied upon how the 3ds loads themes. I doubt it'll be updated for a while.

This is all speculation on my part though. I could be completely wrong.

Reactions: ivantibiotico

ivantibiotico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know for sure, but I suspect browserhax will be updated before long. There are plenty of bugs in webkit that can be exploited.

Don't know about menuhax though, given that it relied upon how the 3ds loads themes. I doubt it'll be updated for a while.

This is all speculation on my part though. I could be completely wrong.
I'll pray to god this Sunday! [emoji24] [emoji23]

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm Downgrades do work on N3DS XL 10.6.0.31U. I was one of the unlucky few who purchased theirs over 10.0

Marlon Venancio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm in 10.6. So, basically what I must do is (just recapping, I'd apprecciate if someone corrects me if I'm wrong):

- Download the latest sysUpdater binary from that post on reddit and put it on sd\3ds
- Put the 9.2 update files on my SD
- Launch sysUpdater from the Homebrew Launcher using Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3D Hax
- Downgrade
- Pray

That simple?

I suppose if something bad happens, I can restore the system through recovery (and better do it now than when 10.7 comes out).

Did exactly as I said above, worked perfectly. It was a lot faster than another downgrade I made before too.

Reactions: astronautlevel

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update didn't change anything significant, just keep going where you left off :)
Yea it did too, it went from Reinand to cakes, and when I went into part 4 it was all jacked up with a merged post of o3ds and n3ds. OTP couldn't find health and safety.

It was also split between O3DS and N3DS, so I'm figuring that something has had to of changed along the way.

Last edited by DHall243,

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded on my very first attempt. THANK GOD because I was one of those people that bricked their consoles originally and had to update to 10.6 (that was AFTER I downgraded completely).

Psycoms

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gonna give this a try on my n3dsxl. its on 10.5.0-30u atm. should i upgrade to 10.6 to do this? and if so how does one upgrade to 10.6?

Last edited by Psycoms,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it did too, it went from Reinand to cakes, and when I went into part 4 it was all jacked up with a merged post of o3ds and n3ds. OTP couldn't find health and safety.

It was also split between O3DS and N3DS, so I'm figuring that something has had to of changed along the way.
I just did mine using AuReinand. If you already know how to setup an emunand there is nothing to worry about.

Setup emunand, inject FBI, run sysupdater to get to 2.1, continue with the rest. I was not about to switch to cakes when I already had AuReiNand setup.

Everything is the same between O3DS and N3DS except for unbricking the emunand on N3DS before restoring to sysnand.

Last edited by Bu2d85,

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing this on an N3DS for a friend. Is it possible to keep the NAND that is currently on 10.6, with Street pass and everything that has been installed, and move that to emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty