Hacking Downgrade from 10.5/10.6 is now possible on O3DS. (Not Hardware Mod)

Rinnen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see,thanks for answering.

Never thought it would be this fast till the possibility of downgrading on newer FW.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so now its possible but only option is cubic ninja a over priced crappy game or OOT and powersaves (if u can even get it loaded) or nothing? (holds fingers crossed for browser hax update)

then again all im really wanting is a way to install the lcia list and be done lol

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so now its possible but only option is cubic ninja a over priced crappy game or OOT and powersaves (if u can even get it loaded) or nothing? (holds fingers crossed for browser hax update)

then again all im really wanting is a way to install the lcia list and be done lol
You can also use a sky3ds flashcart if you do not have either of those games.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use a sky3ds flashcart if you do not have either of those games.
sadly no just got my 3ds recently tried to downgrade one and got a soft brick traded it for another and have been waiting since. O3ds running current 10.6

when it becomes possible my only goal is to install the lcia list of games and be done with it. from what i can tell the console can remain on current firmware and retain that list correct?

Complete Set of Legit CIA
Region Free (all pokemon)
USA - 9 games currently

Last edited by Sanoblue,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly no just got my 3ds recently tried to downgrade one and got a soft brick traded it for another and have been waiting since. O3ds running current 10.6

when it becomes possible my only goal is to install the lcia list of games and be done with it. from what i can tell the console can remain on current firmware and retain that list correct?

Complete Set of Legit CIA
Region Free (all pokemon)
USA - 9 games currently
Couldn't tell you with a situation like that, sorry. Someone else might know though.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone point me the easiest way to do it? I have no hack at all since I have sky3ds+.

I totally noob to this part, but I do have however an very old Nand backup, and could get people to help me hard mod it if i need.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I might just update my O3DS to 10.6 and downgrade to 9.2 if they release a free entry point before Nintendo releases 10.7. Otherwise I might just stick with my old plan on getting a flashcard and updating it from there.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me the easiest way to do it? I have no hack at all since I have sky3ds+.

I totally noob to this part, but I do have however an very old Nand backup, and could get people to help me hard mod it if i need.
So download cubic ninja to have a forever hax xD

Reactions: astronautlevel

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude, Run Cubic ninja from your Sky3ds+ and install ninhax 2.6 and downgrade. That's that simple.

Ninjax'd

Last edited by tivu100,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

Marlon Venancio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm in 10.6. So, basically what I must do is (just recapping, I'd apprecciate if someone corrects me if I'm wrong):

- Download the latest sysUpdater binary from that post on reddit and put it on sd\3ds
- Put the 9.2 update files on my SD
- Launch sysUpdater from the Homebrew Launcher using Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3D Hax
- Downgrade
- Pray

That simple?

I suppose if something bad happens, I can restore the system through recovery (and better do it now than when 10.7 comes out).

Reactions: ivantibiotico

ivantibiotico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in 10.6. So, basically what I must do is (just recapping, I'd apprecciate if someone corrects me if I'm wrong):

- Download the latest sysUpdater binary from that post on reddit and put it on sd\3ds
- Launch sysUpdater from the Homebrew Launcher using Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3D Hax
- Downgrade
- Pray

That simple?

I suppose if something bad happens, I can restore the system through recovery (and better do it now than when 10.7 comes out).
Yes, I think that's all.[emoji1]

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

- Downgrade
- Pray

That simple?

Yep! That's pretty much it.

It's worth noting that even if you crash during downgrade, you can try to get browserhax again and run the downgrade (that's what I had to do). Once you run the downgrade a second time it should work.

Also if your 3ds is a black screen when you turn it back on after downgrading, take your SD card out and then turn the 3ds on again.

ivantibiotico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep! That's pretty much it.

It's worth noting that even if you crash during downgrade, you can try to get browserhax again and run the downgrade (that's what I had to do). Once you run the downgrade a second time it should work.

Also if your 3ds is a black screen when you turn it back on after downgrading, take your SD card out and then turn the 3ds on again.
But, browserhax isnt working on 10.6, right??? [emoji33]

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Worked first time for me, quickest d/g ever.
Yeah, this is far stabler than memchunk2hax is for some reason. I've tested on a o3ds and a n3ds and both took under 15 minutes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But, browserhax isnt working on 10.6, right??? [emoji33]
If it crashes during the downgrade, you'll probably be on a partial version of 9.2 that may have browserhax. Otherwise, you can use whatever entrypoint you used on 10.6 :)

ivantibiotico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, this is far stabler than memchunk2hax is for some reason. I've tested on a o3ds and a n3ds and both took under 15 minutes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it crashes during the downgrade, you'll probably be on a partial version of 9.2 that may have browserhax. Otherwise, you can use whatever entrypoint you used on 10.6 :)
Ah okay, i thought you were talking in the "real" 10.6, where i am. And i dont own any OOT or CN, just a SSB4 (but i least I've got a powersaves [emoji28] )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...