Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the exact specifications? 2.4GHZ B/G/N
Even that should be okay for network file transfer with the right routers. I have a 5GHZ AC dual band router 1750 and those tansfer speeds between 2 5G connected devices are amazing, any 2.4G is awful. I doubt any game consoles with 2.4G has Least N connection, most have up to b/G and that is it.

Yeah, the N3DS XL has 2.4 GHz 802.11 B/G

It should be faster but something must be limiting the speeds... Maybe it's the Wi-Fi chip... maybe it's the processor... it could also just be poorly coded software...

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

It should be faster but something must be limiting the speeds... Maybe it's the Wi-Fi chip... maybe it's the processor... it could also just be poorly coded software...
Don't make me cry, I'm a 2ds/o3ds peasant with its turtle speed downloads

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My points exactly. Either use B/G/N or Upgrade to 5.GH AC STOP BEING CHEAPSKATES, WE ARE ALREADY BUYING YOUR CONSOLE NINTENDO, YOU ARE ASSURED OUR MONEY!

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But you have an easily accesible SD card
My points exactly. Either use B/G/N or Upgrade to 5.GH AC STOP BEING CHEAPSKATES, WE ARE ALREADY BUYING YOUR CONSOLE NINTENDO, YOU ARE ASSURED OUR MONEY!
At least they didn't completely cheap out on the Wii U...

It has 2.4GHz B/G/N for internet

It also has 5GHz but that is used exclusively for the gamepad...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

I do, but I bought games from the eShop x.x

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Still is pathethic. The wii u wifi is still no better. Which is why they even have support for usb ethernet. They always add some additional option instead of just making the most common one Stable and functional. It took a whole day to download sonic sega all star racing from eshop and i have 50MBPS Download speed on my router. On 2.4GHZ B/G/N connection for pc. It shouldn't take over 24 hours for that. Itt was back in 2012 november.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still is pathethic. The wii u wifi is still no better. Which is why they even have support for usb ethernet. They always add some additional option instead of just making the most common one Stable and functional. It took a whole day to download sonic sega all star racing from eshop and i have 50MBPS Download speed on my router. On 2.4GHZ B/G/N connection for pc. It shouldn't take over 24 hours for that. Itt was back in 2012 november.
They SHOULD have added an ethernet port straight on the console like everyone does now days, but no Nintendo being Nintendo you have to buy additional accessories to do that.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They SHOULD have added an ethernet port straight on the console like everyone does now days, but no Nintendo being Nintendo you have to buy additional accessories to do that.
And the console doesn't even provide enough current to actually power some of the accessories without taking two USB ports...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my 3DS and Wii U and will continue to buy Nintendo systems but it's still annoying...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the console doesn't even provide enough current to actually power some of the accessories without taking two USB ports...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my 3DS and Wii U and will continue to buy Nintendo systems but it's still annoying...
Honestly i had learn some things cause of the system limitations, I learned what a Y-cable was cause i found out i need it to use the USB drive for my wii u to install more games, But now i barely use my wii backup loader cause it takes two slots and one is required for the USB loader, and i don't want a HDD hanging out the front of the system. I could use the SD card slot but for the size of games you need bigger sizes, But i only use 32GB SDHC since it recommended. Still is a pain to look at, a eyesore, how small my 1TB HDD Usb is and the syse of the system COULDNT FIT IT IN THERE!

And 3ds could have least come with some ethernet adaptor or something. USB tether like the mobile phones or whatever.

II still hate that usb wifi connector thing i had for ds lite.... made by buffalo or something. I needed it cause my router used advanced protection that ds lite needed less advance, like WEP. At the time we had the AES thing so yeah, another useless tool now. :glare:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly i had learn some things cause of the system limitations, I learned what a Y-cable was cause i found out i need it to use the USB drive for my wii u to install more games, But now i barely use my wii backup loader cause it takes two slots and one is required for the USB loader, and i don't want a HDD hanging out the front of the system. I could use the SD card slot but for the size of games you need bigger sizes, But i only use 32GB SDHC since it recommended. Still is a pain to look at, a eyesore, how small my 1TB HDD Usb is and the syse of the system COULDNT FIT IT IN THERE!

And 3ds could have least come with some ethernet adaptor or something. USB tether like the mobile phones or whatever.

I still hate that usb wifi connector thing i had for ds lite.... made by buffalo or something. I needed it cause my router used advanced protection that ds lite needed less advance, like WEP. At the time we had the AES thing so yeah, another useless tool now. :glare:
I HATE that the DS only supports WEP, even on newer 3ds hardware. I use WPA2 on all of my wireless networking devices. And I have first hand experience of just how easy it is to crack WEP (I tested network breaching using my own personal test networks and Kali linux).

Reactions: gnmmarechal

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody know will cfw on 11.0? Or downgrade with browserhax Or menuhax?
There's been some rumors floating around that something is in the works for 11.0, but it's to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. I know one person is actually working on trying to find an arm9 exploit, but whether they will find one is unknown.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can i download FBI or nasa without cfw on N3ds 11.0. And download tickets with Ciangel.
Not for being rude, but this question has been posted a million times, and the answer is always the same: NO. Unless you downgrade either with a hardmod or with the DSiWare method (using another already-hacked 3DS) and install a CFW

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not for being rude, but this question has been posted a million times, and the answer is always the same: NO. Unless you downgrade either with a hardmod or with the DSiWare method (using another already-hacked 3DS) and install a CFW
Already asked a million times, and especially by himself actually :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?