Homebrew Update 11.8 and Homebrew

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, there's pretty much nothing you can do with doodlebomb that you can't do with steelhax, so I have no idea what you're doing.

If you just downloaded the version available on eShop, then you have version 1.1.3. You need version 1.1.1.

ETA:

I must confess I had no idea that was a thing. Are you using the old version downloader included in the Homebrew Starter Kit? And it let you install SwapDoodle 1.1.1, even on firmware 11.8?

Ummm... Yes I have swapdoodle 1.1.1 but as I said, the doodlebomb just crashed everytime I launched it!

Maybe firmware problems?

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Marcus' Super Mario Maker Database app and all of my cartridges backed up to the SD card. I still own those games though.

Other than this, I really have no need for any other apps or homebrew.

Anyway, I've bought about a dozen games from the Nintendo Shop but I still have another dozen more that I would like to buy.

I can no longer shop there since I have yet to do the latest Update.

Are people still waiting on a fix for this?

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, I see you have steelhax. It's veeery easy!

How to download old versions of 3DS games/apps!

Warning: Please test if the homebrew works before following this tutorial. If it boots up, then you're good to go
Warning 2: The old version downloader won't bypass any update requirements if you're below the latest firmware
Warning 3: The old version downloader just downloads old versions, so it won't work for IronFall or something like that.

Section 1: Preperation (If you already downloaded the starter kit then skip this section.)
1.Download the homebrew starter kit from the official homebrew 3DS website
https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
2.Extract the .zip components
-If your SD card has a "3ds" folder then copy all the files from the "3ds" folder from the starter kit and paste them into your "3ds" folder in your SD card!
-If your SD doesn't have a "3ds" folder then just copy the "3ds" folder from the starter kit
3.Remove the sd card from your computer

Section 2: Booting the old version downloader
1.Insert your SD card into your 3DS/2DS
2.Open Steel Divers: Subwars (AKA: steelhax)
3.Open the eshop old version downloader (Your screen will glitch a bit, don't panic, it doesn't harm anything)
-It will just open Nintendo Eshop but it will load the old versions.

You're done!

daxyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I got Doodlebomb to work with the old version installer but I need to fix the part where it freezes and restarts the system

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are people still waiting on a fix for this?
The only reason to wait for updating from 11.6 or 11.7 anymore is if you don't already have b9s and want to use smea's new exploits. Otherwise there is nothing to "fix".

Yeah, I got Doodlebomb to work with the old version installer but I need to fix the part where it freezes and restarts the system
I can only suggest checking the instructions at https://mrnbayoh.github.io/doodlebomb/ again. Is the "doodlebomb" folder in your 3DS folder, or in the root of your SD card?

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The only reason to wait for updating from 11.6 or 11.7 anymore is if you don't already have b9s and want to use smea's new exploits. Otherwise there is nothing to "fix".

I can only suggest checking the instructions at https://mrnbayoh.github.io/doodlebomb/ again. Is the "doodlebomb" folder in your 3DS folder, or in the root of your SD card?

I know you're not replying to me but, yes I have the doodlebomb folder on the root of the SD card! And I have 3 files inside!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By the way, I suppose Notehax (using Flipnote Studio 3D) was last working on 11.5?

It isn't mentioned in the first post (or in the old 11.7 thread). I also suppose at this point you might have to use the old version downloader to get the necessary 1.0.0 version.

Tpick2211

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm a noob here so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I just wanted to report that I updated to 11.8 on my old 3DS and basehaxx works just fine (using an 11.7 payload).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto