GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
Is this playable in Japanese? :/
Very much so,since the story is the usual "Koopa kidnapped the good-looking princess and the moustached plumber has to save her once again
laugh.gif
"

Besides that,I still reckon that SMB3 is the best Mario-game ever.As a nostalgia freak,I love it and Nintendo has all the rights to re-release this one for the younger gamers.Stop complaining if you`ve already played it.No-one forces you to play it and there are tons of other platformers on the GBA also.Even though,I think it would be a nice time to finally release a new Mario-2D-platformer.You know,it`s been a pretty long while since
blink.gif

[-BiG_W-]

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suspect this will be ok if its the only game on the cart, but try and get this working with multiple games will cause probs. Not sure if it will be possible to patch this game to save in one 512kbit slot. Might be another pokemon as in you'll have to buy it if you want to play it properly on hardware
frown.gif

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
Everything seems to work ok when you start with reset on pogoshell.
It keeps the saves and everything. My only nag with it is that you have to restart the world you are on when you save
frown.gif

Ah well it probably keeps the challenge high!

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sez that put the gba in sleep mode so it's normal
but another weird thing happened to me!
wacko.gif

when i tried to load the save i noticed that my save was in slot 1 and there was 2 other save on slot 2 and slot 3 which were my last 2 save from slot 1!
wacko.gif

also when i loaded the save from slot 3 and saved
the save from slot 3 was with star and when i loaded it beginned at the start of the game!
wacko.gif

S

SKoRPioN

So what exactly is the deal with the saves? Are they 512k? I have fa2 pro 256.. anyone know how much sram fits on these cards exactly? I saw in another post that it will take up several slots .. how many exacly?

G

Geezer

Do you reckon playing this on pogoshell will screw up all my other saves? I have like 20 saves of all different games in other slots.. this sounds like a really wierd game to use 1MBIT to save.. you think it's maybe a Nintendo attack on flash card users?

W

whiteboy067

lmao, I just lost all my save data too. I should have read here first. Im playing it right now though, in the 3rd slot. It seems to work fine on that one. The first time i played it on the first one and it went crazy.

but damnit! They added those annoying sounds to luigi and mario like in SMW!

EDIT: The 3rd slot at the main menu

KinX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guyz, just flashed this ROM to FlashAdvance2 256 Cart and it works fine!
laugh.gif

Note: This is the only game I flashed onto the cart.

No lockups, and saves seems to work just fine. (I've tested all 3 save banks in the game).

Hope this helps someone.

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
the 1meg memory is for storing the info from cards and other stuff this game is going to use the Gameboy player for the game cube and the e-card reader to its full potentioul. but what else would you expect from a game this grand. to me its a toss up between Super mario World and Super mario brothers 3, if there is a NEW mario game it has to live up and surpass MARIO 3 and SMW being a Huge world that has a replayability that is realy big.

i might flash this but i am wirry of how it works on my cart. that and i dont have a ereader.

and kudos to eurasia for fixing it to use two 512kbit sram banks of the visoly flash cart, insted of looking for a 1 meg slot!

KinX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, looks like I spoke to soon.
Hopefully you guys can make something out of this.

In my previous post, I said I flashed to a Flash2Advance 256 Cart and the saves work.

They don't!!!!
Here's what happens: The saves work as long as you don't turn off the GBA. When you turn it on, the save banks of the game show that you did save something. However, when you start up a saved game, the boards you completed have not been saved! (In other words, you must complete back the boards you already have done).

Arghh....

prankfurter

Trophies
Website
www.prankfurter.com
XP
Country
Canada
KinX to get it to work on an EZF you have to say yes and remove the intro/patch when the software asks you.

also it has to be by itself on the cart (you must turn multirom off in options)

so this sucks for 2 reasons:

1) a 128/256mb flash cart can only be used for one 32mb game.
frown.gif

2) you have to remove the intro :'(

--------

the saves are still flaky tho, saving in slot one works for me best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo