Super Mario Bros. Wonder is a new 2D Mario game

Mario returns to his 2D roots, but not in the New Super style we've gotten accustomed to. Super Mario Bros. Wonder has all sorts of things going on. Every time you touch a Wonder flower, things get trippy and the level design changes. There's old enemies and new, with playable Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, and Daisy. Yoshi is there too. There's new power ups, and all sorts of different mechanics that we've never seen in a 2D Mario game before. Mario also can turn into an elephant as well, with another new power up. Super Mario Bros. Wonder launches October 20th.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm so glad we're getting a unique 2D Mario platformer for once. Plus Yoshi's playable alongside the standard cast of playable characters, and Daisy is finally playable! Definitely going to play it.

Technoturnovers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I cannot overstate how fucking glad I am that they FINALLY ditched the canned New Soup artstyle, like thank fucking god. Also the fact that this is finally a game that I can speak the title of out loud and not have it be a billion-word abomination- I suspect that "New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe" was what finally jumped the shark and made Nintendo realize that no, this is NOT OK.
Although, since every good thing needs to come with something stupid apparently, I would like to note that the music includes WAY too many "bah" vocals. This isn't seinfeld, the occasional bah is okay but it shouldn't be the whole song, that's just stupid.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad we're getting a unique 2D Mario platformer for once. Plus Yoshi's playable alongside the standard cast of playable characters, and Daisy is finally playable! Definitely going to play it.
Unique? This is just another New Super Mario Bros. without the "New" part of the title.

Nintendo has gotten lazy and uncreative, yet the fans are excited for it. C O N S U M E

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best guess is that they don't want to maybe remind people of this cancelled game here, heh

Wow, I never knew Super Mario Wacky Worlds exists. I guess Nintendo look at their archives and decided to polish this unfinished game and turned it into Wonder.
Post automatically merged:

Probably be seeing the next 3D Mario as a launch title.
The next 3D Mario could be based on the movie, since it's so successful. They will ask Jack Black to do the voice for Bowser again, "Peaches, peaches, peeeaches."

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is more closer to mario 2
It's undeniably an NSMB series game, but at least they tried to make it more original than the previous which were just a copy and paste job (I never even bothered finishing NSMB2 on 3DS).

0auNIyX.png

hNJVj3h.png

Probably be seeing the next 3D Mario as a launch title.
I'd love Mario Odyssey 2.

Reactions: Ligeia

wiindsurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Love 2D Mario but this is some generic candy colour overdose that just feels cheap and uninspired, to be polite...

The series really needs a bit more pallete character like back in the Super Mario World days? SMB3?

This is way too generic and "me too". Nintendo used to lead now they just copy and blend in... with the wrong crowd... Sad

Last edited by wiindsurf,

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Honestly, I cannot overstate how fucking glad I am that they FINALLY ditched the canned New Soup artstyle, like thank fucking god. Also the fact that this is finally a game that I can speak the title of out loud and not have it be a billion-word abomination- I suspect that "New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe" was what finally jumped the shark and made Nintendo realize that no, this is NOT OK.
Although, since every good thing needs to come with something stupid apparently, I would like to note that the music includes WAY too many "bah" vocals. This isn't seinfeld, the occasional bah is okay but it shouldn't be the whole song, that's just stupid.
Ooooh, watch out everyone, it's the "bah" police!

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unique? This is just another New Super Mario Bros. without the "New" part of the title.

Nintendo has gotten lazy and uncreative, yet the fans are excited for it. C O N S U M E
You clearly haven't seen the trailer. It's not "lazy and uncreative". Watch the trailer and notice the artstyle. It's not lifeless.

You can't have watched the trailer if you're calling it "lazy and uncreative". Be grateful that we're getting a playable Yoshi (alongside the rest of the cast) and Daisy for the first time, and a unique gimmick just like we've been getting in just about every 3D Mario.

• Haha

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You clearly haven't seen the trailer. It's not "lazy and uncreative". Watch the trailer and notice the artstyle. It's not lifeless.

You can't have watched the trailer if you're calling it "lazy and uncreative". Be grateful that we're getting a playable Yoshi (alongside the rest of the cast) and Daisy for the first time, and a unique gimmick just like we've been getting in just about every 3D Mario.
I have seen it and multiple times, but it's just the NSMB art style feels so repetitive and dull to look at that I'm not excited for this game.

Does it look potentially fun? Yes, it does. Hopefully the Switch successor gets something more original than this for a 2D Mario game.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How can people not see how much it all looks like a slightly updated NSMBU ? It's so obvious !

And no, a playable Yoshi or a few goofy faces or a new powerup are not nearly enough to seperate this upcoming game from the NSMB series.

The game will be probably be fine but there's nothing that exciting about that upcoming release. It's just yet another NSMB game. Nothing to write home or pee your pants about.

And no, I don't have to "be grateful" Nintendo is gracing us with another lazy effort. I'm not a sheep thank you.

And no I don't have to "be grateful" there's gonna be a playable Yoshi or Daisy, I'm not 11 years old anymore thank you. I guess next I'll have to be grateful when Pink Gold Peach gets released as a DLC character ?

It's so obvious Nintendo is resting on their laurels, and why shouldn't they ? Fanboys are fanboying no matter what they do. Why should they try harder ?

Last edited by Ligeia,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can people not see how much it all looks like a slightly updated NSMBU ? It's so obvious !

And no, a playable Yoshi or a few goofy faces or a new powerup are not nearly enough to seperate this upcoming game from the NSMB series.

The game will be probably be fine but there's nothing that exciting about that upcoming release. It's just yet another NSMB game. Nothing to write home or pee your pants about.

And no, I don't have to "be grateful" Nintendo is gracing us with another lazy effort. I'm not a sheep thank you.

And no I don't have to "be grateful" there's gonna be a playable Yoshi or Daisy, I'm not 11 years old anymore thank you. I guess next I'll have to be grateful when Pink Gold Peach gets released as a DLC character ?

It's so obvious Nintendo is resting on their laurels, and why shouldn't they ? Fanboys are fanboying no matter what they do. Why should they try harder ?
Nintendo could have titled it "New Super Mario Bros. 3" and fans would still be excited.

Almost everything Ninty does it's a success, even if it's a rehash, cut and paste, or a remake. Think of Nintendo like the Apple of gaming.

Reactions: console and Ligeia

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the people saying this is just another nsmb, where the fuck are the koopalings? when did mario become able to do anything remotely close to things he can do with the wonder flowers, stop being braindead, the game has changed, just cause it has the moves from nsmb doesnt make it nsmb ffs.

RetroGamer360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the people saying this is just another nsmb, where the fuck are the koopalings? when did mario become able to do anything remotely close to things he can do with the wonder flowers, stop being braindead, the game has changed, just cause it has the moves from nsmb doesnt make it nsmb ffs.
lmao i agree man people are just not grateful i guess..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1