Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct - live coverage

Nintendo is here to showcase a look at Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Check out what's in store for the game in this 15-minute Direct that promises to show off some new gameplay aspects. We'll be rounding up the Direct as it airs, at 7am PT, so stay tuned.

This game takes place in the Flower Kingdom. Prince Florian is the leader of this new place. Bowser uses the Wonder Flower to merge with the entirety of Florian's castle.

There's six worlds, and seven areas. There's a rock area, snow area, sewer area, underwater area, a forest, lava, and desert levels. You can walk freely through the map, and play the levels in any order you want.

Luigi, Peach, Daisy, two different Toads, and Toadette all play the same. Yoshi and Nabbit are the easy mode characters.

Hoppycats are enemies that copy your movements. There are melon Pirhanna Plants that shoot seeds at you. Goombas, Boos, and Koopas are also in the game.

New power ups include Elephant form, where you can use your trunk to break blocks, dash through gaps, and store water to spray. Every character has this form.

Bubble Mario can blow bubbles at enemies to trap them.

Drill Mario can attack enemies by jumping into them from below. You can drill underground or into the ceiling and get through levels that way.

Fire Flowers are back, too. You can store or swap an extra power up at any time.

Wonder Flowers, when found, cause weird effects to the level. Mario might become a Gooma, turn into a balloon, or the level's perspective might change.

There are badges to collect that change the gameplay when equipped. These can give you a parachute cap, or give you a better wall jump, make you swim faster underwater, let you shoot vines, become invisible, give you more coins, and more. You get them by clearing challenge courses or purchasing them with Flower Coins.

The game supports 4-player local co-op. If you die, you turn into ghost, but can be revived by another player jumping into you. Yoshi's can ride Yoshi's, too.

Online play exists in the form of live player ghosts. You're not playing together directly, but you can see them in your level.

You can however race courses online with a friend.

There's going to be a new Switch OLED to go with it, fully red dock and Joy-Cons.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
photo_2023-08-31_09-18-10.jpg

what did they do to my boyyy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks good, but oh boy are those talking flowers gonna get on my tits - hope you can turn them off! (In fact I'd be happier with all the voices turned off - memories of the Super Mario Advance games coming back - Jesus wept...)

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Elephant Peach and Daisy are real.

View attachment 391368View attachment 391369

I am so fucking scared.

Bombs are approaching.
Post automatically merged:

But seriously though, I'm liking the state of this game tbh. While I haven't been playing switch games lately, this game looks a lot more promising as it should.

I have to see the trailer soon cause I now have school....

Reactions: Vorde

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 391366

what did they do to my boyyy
To be fair, that is what Yoshi looked like in old artwork when he had something in his mouth or swallowing something:

1693494610351.png
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Though I agree it does look pretty weird in 3D lmao

Reactions: Vorde

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find it funny that I have seen like 5 people say they love it and 5 say they hate it.
For every other game that gets a special edition Switch Nintendo put a huge amount of time and effort into making the design awesome.

For Mario they always give minimum effort and just seem to go

Ah red is the color of Mario so let's make the thing red and slap some coins in the inside the fans will love it.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For every other game that gets a special edition Switch Nintendo put a huge amount of time and effort into making the design awesome.

For Mario they always give minimum effort and just seem to go

Ah red is the color of Mario so let's make the thing red and slap some coins in the inside the fans will love it.
Didn't the smash bros one literally just have 2 lines over it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto