Super Mario Bros. Wonder is a new 2D Mario game

Mario returns to his 2D roots, but not in the New Super style we've gotten accustomed to. Super Mario Bros. Wonder has all sorts of things going on. Every time you touch a Wonder flower, things get trippy and the level design changes. There's old enemies and new, with playable Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, and Daisy. Yoshi is there too. There's new power ups, and all sorts of different mechanics that we've never seen in a 2D Mario game before. Mario also can turn into an elephant as well, with another new power up. Super Mario Bros. Wonder launches October 20th.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SUPER stoked for this. The aesthetic is so refreshing after a thousand New Soup games. With Mario Maker 2 and 3D World having online coop, I also have some hope for this one having it too. Would really go hard.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am SO fucking glad this is finally gone

1687360515813.png

Like seriously, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree the NSMB series was good but was holding 2D Mario back massively. SMB Wonder is a wonderful (haha) breath of fresh air for basically the whole series.

also DAISY FINALLY PLAYABLE FUCK ME

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The new mechanics make a seller for me. Wonder if it will be added to super mario maker 2 :unsure:
Mario Maker 2 received it's final major update like 3 years ago lmao

Reactions: Naster and lordelan

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Mario returns to his 2D roots, but not in the New Super style we've gotten accustomed to. Super Mario Bros. Wonder has all sorts of things going on. Every time you touch a Wonder flower, things get trippy and the level design changes. There's old enemies and new, with playable Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, and Daisy. Yoshi is there too. There's new power ups, and all sorts of different mechanics that we've never seen in a 2D Mario game before. Mario also can turn into an elephant as well, with another new power up. Super Mario Bros. Wonder launches October 20th.

loving it even now.

Reactions: jrl_1644

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I want to say that I really love the new style of this game and I want to play so bad now.
Second, the internet has always been a dangerous place and it's making want to say this:

"As if Mario wasn't high enough on mushrooms, now he's taking it to a whole new level with new types of drugs."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol