The new voice actor for Mario has been revealed

mario.png

With the departure of Charles Martinet from the job of voicing Mario, Nintendo fans were highly curious as to who would take over the role. Initially revealed by a Tweet from the voice actor, and then confirmed by Nintendo themselves, the new voice of Mario and Luigi has been announced to be Kevin Afghani. In leaked early copies of Super Mario Bros. Wonder, he's listed in the credits as well. He's a voice actor known for voicing Arnold in Genshin Impact, while also providing his voice for a fan-made Dragon Ball animation. Previously, he's also done voiceover work in Nintendo Switch commercials and Nintendo Direct videos.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Hopefully he improves his Mario voice because what was in the trailer certainly needs a "patch."
From what I've played of the game so far it didn't improve. The pitch of his Mario voice is just too high, on the other hand (maybe in part due to that) his Luigi voice is far better, they should have kept him as Luigi and hired someone else to do Mario.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
From what I've played of the game so far it didn't improve. The pitch of his Mario voice is just too high, on the other hand (maybe in part due to that) his Luigi voice is far better, they should have kept him as Luigi and hired someone else to do Mario.
you played the game trough the leak didnt you?

• Wow
Reactions: RaynorBlackwood
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people care too much. Charles Martinet will forever be THE voice of Mario in my heart, but I understand why they'd want him to step down. I'd prefer that he step down to whatever "Mario Ambassador" will be while he's still healthy. This new voice isn't bad, but yes of course it'll be different. Some people were complaining that the new VA didn't have much of a portfolio, which I think is the dumbest argument around this whole thing. Charles himself didn't have many stand-out roles before Mario, and he literally showed up last second. People gotta build their portfolios somehow, and mindsets like that are exactly why we end up with random celebs doing voicework instead of much more capable (but less well-known) voice actors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO