The new voice actor for Mario has been revealed

mario.png

With the departure of Charles Martinet from the job of voicing Mario, Nintendo fans were highly curious as to who would take over the role. Initially revealed by a Tweet from the voice actor, and then confirmed by Nintendo themselves, the new voice of Mario and Luigi has been announced to be Kevin Afghani. In leaked early copies of Super Mario Bros. Wonder, he's listed in the credits as well. He's a voice actor known for voicing Arnold in Genshin Impact, while also providing his voice for a fan-made Dragon Ball animation. Previously, he's also done voiceover work in Nintendo Switch commercials and Nintendo Direct videos.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
In a better timeline they just revealed it to be Gilbert Gottfried.
Any photo of him??
Don't see why it matters, but here's his public photo:

Kevin_Afghani.png

Post automatically merged:

And still no word why Charles stopped providing the voice.
If I had to look on my crystal all and guess, I'd probably say to cut down on royalties to pay. Big companies been all about cutting insignificant costs to show investors and hoard as much money as they can. Kevin probably signed for much less than Charles was costing them.

Last edited by pustal,

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to look on my crystal all and guess, I'd probably say to cut down on royalties to pay. Big companies been all about cutting insignificant costs to show investors and hoard as much money as you can. Kevin porbably signed for much less than Charles was costing them.
Yeah, that definitely sounds like a "megacorp in inflation" move. I'd rather a recast than robotic squelch that somehow has a "debate" on its legitimacy when we all agreed GoAnimate is a trash medium only good for maybe jokes or people without a motivated bone in their body. But yeah, why put the product first & dare pay a liiiittle bit more to your star actor during your period of peak profits?

...pic unrelated
VS--YouTube-SolutionstoFixtheGameIndustry-8’02”.png

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't see why it matters, but here's his public photo:
What's the problem? It's always good to see VAs.

Sometimes seeing the person helps remember the voice actor/actress moreso than the name itself.

For example, in Charles Martinet's case, people know him as the "Mario voice" even though he's a really nice guy:

One of my favorite voice actors (actress in this case) is Nozawa Masako, she's mainly known for voicing Son Goku and the whole male Son family.

Hearing her always puts a smile on my face. 😄

Reactions: Kitocco

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I came in here just to make sure it wasn’t Chris Pratt.
They could've just used the hundreds of archived voices from Charles too ):
Nintendo probably didn’t want to pay royalties to him

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He's a voice actor known for voicing Arnold in Genshin Impact
If his biggest role is an unimportant NPC that showed up in a limited-time event over a year ago... That's a nice résumé.
Good to see he's jumped from that straight to voicing the literal face of gaming.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
😆

If Nintendo doesn't want to pay Martinet royalties, then much less would they hire one of Hollywood's most likeable actors and of course it'd be even more expensive.
To be fair, Nintendo has been doing some extremely stupid shit in recent years. I needed to be sure they weren’t going to give Chris a permanent role after his mediocre performance as Mario
IMG_0536.jpeg

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed