Charles Martinet is stepping back from voicing Mario and is assuming the new role of 'Mario Ambassador'

charles martinet.jpg

The iconic and long time voice actor of numerous characters in the Super Mario franchise, Charles Martinet is stepping back from recording character voices in Nintendo games. The news was shared by Nintendo's official Twitter account today where the company also announced that Martinet will be taking on the new role of Mario Amassador:

nintendo mario.png

What this new role entails wasn't made clear but we might find out more soon as the post also mentioned that a "special video message" from Shigeru Miyamoto and Charles Martinet will be shared later/

:arrow: SOURCE

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Another reason on why he wasn't able to voice the whole movie.

Well, Rick and Morty voice actor had to "step down", but the shows seem to still carry on.
Well yeah, but... That's legal troubles vsv what seems like borderline semi-retirement.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rest in Peace
The dude is retiring, he didn't die.

I hope the new VA isn't this...

Post automatically merged:

Oh, so he wanted to voice Mario till he'd die? Huh, like Masako Nozawa who voices Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bardock, etc and she's 86 years old.

I love Dragon Ball so when the one and only Masako retires from voicing the Son family, I'm probably not gonna watch it. I don't mind watching a dub, but the original language not having the original VA is a serious deal-breaker.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The dude is retiring, he didn't die.

I hope the new VA isn't this...

Post automatically merged:

Oh, so he wanted to voice Mario till he'd die? Huh, like Masako Nozawa who voices Goku, Gohan, Goten, Bardock, etc and she's 86 years old.

I love Dragon Ball so when the one and only Masako retires from voicing the Son family, I'm probably not gonna watch it. I don't mind watching a dub, but the original language not having the original VA is a serious deal-breaker.

I'm not into animes but I like Saint Seiya, and with that anime I learned to never, ever, ever eveeeer go with English versions for any Japanese animation. It's Saudi Arabia levels of censorship. Maybe it happens for Dragon Ball too, so that's why you like so much the original version, besides the voice of course.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think his French was pretty good in the Mario movie as Mario's dad

Wait wait wait...He was in the VF ?! Holy cow !
I watched it in VFQ and didn't tilted, gotta find new seeders then.

Just watched a bit of that interview and wow, I honestly had no idea how good his French really was.
It is a lot better than what I expected.

The thing is, as a native american, he has many locutions he tries to directly translate from english into french.
Sure, it happens to anyone speaking a foreign language, but I was expecting him to be a native and fluent speaker, he isn't.

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not into animes but I like Saint Seiya, and with that anime I learned to never, ever, ever eveeeer go with English versions for any Japanese animation. It's Saudi Arabia levels of censorship. Maybe it happens for Dragon Ball too, so that's why you like so much the original version, besides the voice of course.
I'd also recommend just the original Russian version with english subtitles of the soviet treasure island compared to the dub, definitely the better experience.
but i digress

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...