Super Mario Bros. movie gets its final trailer ahead of Mar10 Day, wrapping post-production

Around 3 weeks ago, an announcement was made about the final trailer for the Super Mario Bros. movie coming up on March 9th, and in due time, the final trailer is here, alongside a fully-focused movie direct from several of Nintendo's official channels.

The Movie Direct has all of the main voice actors for the full-length production giving some words about the movie, as well as some words from the directors themselves, and of course, some words by Shigeru Miyamoto as well. It was also mentioned that the movie has finally wrapped up post-production, after 6 years of being in development.

With this, we can only wait for the release day of the movie, which was moved up to April 5th, 2023, when it was originally scheduled for April 7th, so that's two less days of waiting for those interested in watching it on theaters.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from Chris Pratt, this looks good.
Chris' voice acting is fine. It may not be as Mario-esque as Charles Martinet, but I think it works anyway. Besides, Chris did emulate the classic Mario voice in several clips of the movie already, so it's not completely abandoned.

However, did anyone make a correlation between this and the Lego Movie? As in...
ChrisPrattMarioEmmet.png

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have to disagree with wanting Pratt replaced with what people consider to be a more appropriate sounding Mario. Which games even feature Mario having fully voice acted conversations? I think it would be annoying to have him talk like a lot of people want him to sound throughout the entire movie. From what I've seen in the trailers, all of his little phrases are pretty much the same as what people are expecting the dialogue to sound like. Which is how it should be imo, rather than his entire dialogue. Listening to him talk like this for an hour and a half would be grinding:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Chris' voice acting is fine. It may not be as Mario-esque as Charles Martinet, but I think it works anyway. Besides, Chris did emulate the classic Mario voice in several clips of the movie already, so it's not completely abandoned.

However, did anyone make a correlation between this and the Lego Movie? As in...
View attachment 358338
There were a few seconds of what is expected from Mario, but until I hear more in the movie, I’m still in the camp of “Chris Pratt bad” as Mario. Could it be worse? Sure, could be Zelda’s VA in BotW or any of Xenoblades VAs.. Still….
Post automatically merged:

I have to disagree with wanting Pratt replaced with what people consider to be a more appropriate sounding Mario. Which games even feature Mario having fully voice acted conversations? I think it would be annoying to have him talk like a lot of people want him to sound throughout the entire movie. From what I've seen in the trailers, all of his little phrases are pretty much the same as what people are expecting the dialogue to sound like. Which is how it should be imo, rather than his entire dialogue. Listening to him talk like this for an hour and a half would be grinding:

I don’t want him to sound like Martinet. However, he sounds like Chris Pratt and not a character to me.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a current promotion to redeem free tickets to see the new Super Mario Bros. movie for Platinum members w/ a Comcast Xfinity account; depending on how long you've been a customer, you may also be eligible for BOGO if less than 7 years:
Silver 0-2 years
Gold 2-7 years
Platinum 7-14 years
Diamond 14+ years

01. Login to your Xfinity Account here
02. On the Rewards page look for the The Super Mario Bros. Movie 'Get 2 tickets, on us!'
03. Select the offer and click on "Get this reward"
04. You will then see a unique Fandango promo code
05. Click here and sign into your Fandango Account
06. Select a movie & time when available and apply your unique promo code at checkout.

I already redeemed my free tickets since I'm a Platinum member.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I dunno. That's pretty cool that Martinet is able to do longer videos like this one. All I can figure is that they don't want to overuse him.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I know I'm double-posting.
All of the trailers have been a trick, on April 5th you'll walk into the theater and you'll be greeted with...

This needs a sequel. Badly. One that indie movie makers can torture gamers with. 🤣

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto