New Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trailer showcases Wave 5 DLC tracks

The next influx of courses for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Pass has been revealed. Koopa Cape from Mario Kart Wii, Los Angeles Laps from Mario Kart Tour, Moonview Highway from Mario Kart Wii, Squeaky Clean Sprint is a brand new level entirely, Athens Dash from Mario Kart Tour, Daisy Cruiser from Mario Kart Double Dash, Sunset Wilds from Mario Kart Super Circuit, and Vancouver Velocity from Mario Kart Tour will all be included in the new cup. As previously revealed in a Nintendo Direct, new playable characters will also be added, which includes Birdo, Petey Piranha, Wiggler, and Kamek.

These new courses will launch on July 12th, and as all other DLC tracks before it, will be included as part of Nintendo's Switch Online + Expansion Pack.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Any wii track is welcome, and we will get two. The cities always come with this expansions, I would chose other tracks over the tour ones, but they got Athens and LA, so it's nice. Just Vancouver that is such a tedious place IRL. Why they didn't went with a more exciting city?

anyway, for me those are free tracks for my favorite racing game, so I can't complain.

Reactions: Vorde

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very excited for the Wii tracks as Mario Kart Wii is my favourite in the series, especially Koopa Cape.
I'm disappointed that they keep choosing to go with adding Mario Kart Tour tracks; as I believe them to be substandard designs and they're wayyy too large for the amount of karts in the track.
But aside from that it's a great game, and I'm glad they keep expanding it with more tracks.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What more can a racing game like this do to warrant more releases? Just renew the thing with DLCs, like MMOs are doing for years, with support for the newest platform and keep on truckin'
Exactly my opinion. I don't even know why people would want MK9 at this point.
It would definitely not have as much content as MK8D + DLCs so it'll be a downgrade in a way.
It might have a new mechanic or twist to it and obviously slightly better graphics, maybe other items but in the end MK8D is more or less perfect in my opinion. Blue shells are dropping a little too often but apart from that... :D Even the graphics are absolutely fine for me. So why not blowing it up with more and more content? My only issue with the waves is, that they are artificially delaying releases over a span of two years when they could have put out everything within 2 or 3 months.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
what racing games are there with so many tracks, apart from open world or self-made from the track editor? which ones can you think of?

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...theres another one? I feel like theres no point in making Mario Kart 9 if they're just gonna keep doing this.
bro they said that theres gonna be 6 waves, no offence but keep up bro
Post automatically merged:

honestly i wish they wouldve not put in tour courses, it would have been nice if they only put in older courses, like where's airship fortress? bowsers castle DS? LUIGIS FUCKING MANSION DS, LIKE HOW IS THAT NOT ALREADY IN, LMFAO

Last edited by SexiestManAlive,
Reactions: vree and Marc_LFD

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't wait to beat my wife and see her crying, after she loses the Cup ( But in reality i have to hold back my tears, 'cause she's wining all the time :( )

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...theres another one? I feel like theres no point in making Mario Kart 9 if they're just gonna keep doing this.

I don't even know why people would want MK9 at this point.
A new game than making filler content for a game that's been out for over 9 years, MK8 is essentially Nintendo's GTA V.

What new game could they possibly release? A remake of Mario Kart GP which was never ported (officially) to home consoles, a new Double Dash, a Mario x Sonic Racing Transformed crossover. There's a lot of potential, but Nintendo fans these days are a lot like GTA fans.

And anyway, what's MK GP? It was released on the arcades.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MK8 is essentially Nintendo's GTA V
Even if. So what?
A remake of Mario Kart GP which was never ported (officially) to home consoles, a new Double Dash, a Mario x Sonic Racing Transformed crossover. There's a lot of potential
They could easily bring all features from GP to MK8D. They can easily do crossover DLCs with franchises like Sonic. Pretty sure none of that will happen since, you know, Nintendo is Nintendo, but I would prefer this stuff being included in the best and biggest MK to date rather than having a new series entry with a limited quantity of content.

Double Dash for what it's worth is a nice game I like coming back to. Then again I don't see a real point in it since we've got two item slots in MK8D.

No matter how you look at it, what I've written earlier is still my point: Any new MK entry could provide cool new mechanics but we would be stuck with a way smaller amount of drivers and especially tracks for a long time after release compared to MK8D. And if one thing bored me to death upon playing MK8 since the Wii U days up until the point the first DLC wave for MK8D dropped on the Switch, it's playing those same few tracks ever and ever again.

Smash Bros. Ultimate lacks from the same issue btw. A new entry could be refreshing but Ultimate will have the most fighters for many years to come in any Smash entry.

The only way I could think of how Nintendo could solve this issue with the next MK is providing either a track editor ("Mario Kart Maker") and/or include randomly generated courses that an algorithm calculates newly before each cup. Then again that wouldn't match Nintendo's high quality standards of their current tracks obviously, depending on how good they make this feature.

tl;dr => Nintendo really has to come up with something amazing to have a product that screams "I'm better than MK8D with all its DLCs, buy me!" to us gamers, otherwise I'll gladly take more content for MK8D.

Reactions: Oleboy555

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly got really tired of how MK8 feels. I mean, the game is 9 years old as of right now. Doesn't explain why I've been going back to MK DS, MKWii and Double Dash the most as of late, though.

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
We need a Second Booster Pass for Mario Kart 8DX!!

I would settle for 32 tracks (4 Waves)
4 tracks for each generation of MK + 8 Characters!!

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Will they ever create Mario Kart 9...?

What do you want a MK9 for? In any case, it will go to "Switch 2 /NX2". At least I like to have a game with as much content as possible before changing the game to play the track I like.

What do you prefer to have the singles of various artists or a mega mix with the best hits?

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you want a MK9 for? In any case, it will go to "Switch 2 /NX2". At least I like to have a game with as much content as possible before changing the game to play the track I like.

What do you prefer to have the singles of various artists or a mega mix with the best hits?
What do I want Mario Kart 9 for? Because Mario Kart 8 was originally a Wii U game, and 9 would likely be something fresh and newer.
And I don't listen to artists or singles/mega mixes, so that question is essentially irrelevant to me.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very excited for the Wii tracks as Mario Kart Wii is my favourite in the series, especially Koopa Cape.
I'm disappointed that they keep choosing to go with adding Mario Kart Tour tracks; as I believe them to be substandard designs and they're wayyy too large for the amount of karts in the track.
But aside from that it's a great game, and I'm glad they keep expanding it with more tracks.
Brace yerself for Koopa Cape then (I'm warning you in advance) - this is clearly the Tour version of the course, with the underwater tunnel no longer a tunnel and in the actual water, so no mid track water slide bit ....Does its best to ruin the course in my opinion, but still fun enough..

LA Laps is godawful (Athens and Vancouver are better), Daisy Cruiser again the Tour version and again they butchered it. New track could be interesting. All in all though, this is looking like the poorest pack since the first one, hopefully they're saving some belters for the last pack.

• Sad
Reactions: Vorde

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a fan of the new characters. I can't understand why we can't have Pacman and Sonic like in the Smash roster and obvs pacman from the arcade series. They already opened it up by adding Link, Villagers and the Splatoon characters.

Still looking forward to the new courses tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: