Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 2 arrives August 4th

After a long silence, Nintendo have announced that wave 2 of the Booster Course pack for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will arrive on August 4th 2022.

It will contain 8 tracks including fan favourite Waluigi Pinball from Mario Kart DS.

Wave 2 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass arrives August 4th! Race around eight additional courses, including the brand new Sky-High Sundae!

Track List said:
Turnip Cup:

- New York Minute (from Mario Kart Tour)
- Mario Circuit 3 (from Mario Kart (SNES))
- Kalimari Desert (from Mario Kart 64)
- Waluigi Pinball (from Mario Kart DS)

Propellor Cup:

- Sydney Spring (from Mario Kart Tour)
- Snow Land (from Mario Kart Super Circuit)
- Mushroom Gorge (from Mario Kart Wii)
- Sky-High Sundae (brand new track)

:arrow: Source

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can't see a sequel ever happening. By the end of 2023 the switch will be how old?? If there was to be a sequel it would definitely be on the next console by then and like most of the series, it prob will have a lot of these as the retro tracks but I'm willing to bet the next venture is more vr based like that daft toy thing and the camera round your house for Miyamototo spy on you :rofl:
yeah mk9 will be for switch successor imo, that is why they are doing this booster pak thing to extend mk8 to last until switch 2 arrives, people forget the switch already had their own new mario kart, it was that Mario kart live, it sucked? yes and it was ar based and needed a very expensive setup and space, but it had one new exclusive mario kart already lol.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I vastly prefer getting DLC for 8 instead of a new game outright. 8 is fantastic and I don't know what they'd do with a new game. (Plus it's cheaper than a new game!)

Can't wait to gorge on the 'shrooms once again.

Reactions: x65943

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dunno, Smash Ultimate man. A Mario Kart game that follows suit by giving us every or near every retro course feels feasible now. Do I think that's the plan? Probably not, maybe they'd make 9 behave as both its own game and a full expansion to 8 if you already own that, like some modern & Knuckles lock-on technology that gives 9 all the courses from your copy of 8.
Yeah that's like the only exception to the rule. I don't expect the game having everyone coming back in the next Smash game. For now we only had some remade tracks and that's it, there's really no way they'll just include the DLCs in the next game especially if they are available on Mario Kart Tour.
I really, really hate 'trickling' DLC with a passion, so it might as well not exist to me until all waves are released.
When I play games, I play them until I get done with them, just like most people I know.
I don't keep coming back now and then for short bursts of the same experience.

I miss actual expansion packs A LOT. The last game I remember to have something almost like it was Horizon: Zero Dawn.
I mean, Mario Kart is Mario Kart yk, when you have friends over, it's always fun to do some races, but I get what you mean. I miss the expansion stuff a lot too, felt like games before just .... respected your time, I think I feel this way because most online games nowadays do not, and expect you to play for hundreds of hours and log in every day

Reactions: AlexMCS

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So....more races to drive with my wife ^_^

hope you don´t meed this card soon :)

1659127628778.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo