"Super Mario Kart Deluxe" romhack gets a brand new 3rd teaser trailer

The original game that started out the Mario Kart franchise, Super Mario Kart, has seen its fair share of romhacks throughout the years. However, none of those romhacks come close to the amount of features and new content that the on-going "Super Mario Kart Deluxe" romhack is offering in its brand new trailer.

"Super Mario Kart Deluxe" has been in development for a couple years by renowned romhackers ScouB, MrL314 and kandowontu, and while there's currently no demo for the project, the developers have been constantly showing their progress on the romhack, with brand new tracks, playable characters, modes, items, and even bosses throughout their showcases on Twitter. This latest trailer gives a peek at some of the new tracks, boss fights, missions and other things that the developers have been working these last months.

Currently, some of the features that Super Mario Kart Deluxe will feature are the following:
  • Works On Original Hardware!
  • 8 Additional Characters (16 Total)
    • Wario, Daisy, Bowser Jr, Kamek
    • Waluigi, Birdo, Dixie Kong, and Toadette
  • 8 Additional Track Themes (16 Total)
    • Daisy Garden, Desert Land, Hazy Cavern, Fiery Volcano
    • Wario Rally, Stormy Jungle, Poison Swamp, and Star Road
  • 6 Additional Cups (10 Total), with Unique Podium Scenes
  • 50 Race Tracks + 10 Battle Tracks
  • Mirror Mode for All Tracks
  • Mission Mode, with 81 Mission Levels and Custom Bosses
  • Settings Menu
  • Custom Item Enable/Disable and Custom Item Probabilities
  • New Game Modes:
    • Shine Thief, Gate Battle, Battle Race (+ More TBA)⍟ 6 Speed Classes: 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, 200cc, 250cc, and 300cc!!
  • New Music and Sound Effects
  • New Items
    • CPU-only items (Egg, Fireball, and Poison Mushroom) can now be used by the player
    • Blue Shell, Yellow Shell, Blooper, P-Ballon and many other make their way to SMK
  • New Track Obstacles (including our beloved swimming friend Dorrie)
  • Staff Ghosts
  • Custom Credits
  • Custom Input Viewer and Speedometer
The romhack currently has no release date set, but those interested in the development of this hack can do so by following the developers accounts in either Twitter, YouTube or Patreon.

:arrow: kandowontu's Twitter
:arrow: MrL314's Twitter
:arrow: ScouB's Twitter

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of an instance where they have taken down a romhack. Really if devs make their hacks using IPS (the way they should) they legally cannot take them down.
Yeah I suppose if there's no Nintendo code or assets used in the hack itself, it's a lot more difficulty to argue their IP is being infringed.

• Haha
Reactions: lordelan and Ligeia

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I suppose if there's no Nintendo code or assets used in the hack itself, it's a lot more difficulty to argue their IP is being infringed.
I mean that's the exact same reasons the PC ports of their games are still up. They do not contain anything owned by them and require you to provide them yourself.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Guess they didn't learn anything from Link's Awakening. This is gonna be C&D'd before release for sure.
People share patches so you hack your own rom, not the roms already hacked. So, unless they are dumb enough to put code and/or assets from the actual game into the patch (in which case, romhacking.net doesn't allow you to upload the patch), they can't legally touch you.

Last edited by LeyendaV,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That romhack looks great, but some of these romhacks of Mario games look even better to me. I'd play them.. If they were available online (they might be).

Reactions: Subtle Demise

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean that's the exact same reasons the PC ports of their games are still up. They do not contain anything owned by them and require you to provide them yourself.
Crimson Echoes got dmca'd by squeenix back in the day despite being a rom hack, just sayin'.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crimson Echoes got dmca'd by squeenix back in the day despite being a rom hack, just sayin'.
I'd have to look into that but like I said it depends what type of rom hack we are talking about here. An entire rom being released 100% can be taken down.

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to look into that but like I said it depends what type of rom hack we are talking about here. An entire rom being released 100% can be taken down.
I take that back, I forget if it was technically under dmca or not but I do know for sure that it was C&D before release.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Man you people really do not put much thought into these comments... Fangame vs romhack.
Nintendo has sent C&D notices to both. They’ve also gone after fan art and literally anything they didn’t sign off on. Nintendo used to DMCA every video regardless of context or fair use just for using footage for their games. Nintendo abuses DMCAs more than a homeless dude abuses meth

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guess they didn't learn anything from Link's Awakening. This is gonna be C&D'd before release for sure.
Thank god you're here to always say something hilariously off base :rofl2:

Hack looks interesting, will definitely check it out.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Man you people really do not put much thought into these comments... Fangame vs romhack.
In most cases there is no practical difference. A lot of romhack patches includes copyrighted assets. And even if that wasn't the case it still uses their intellectual property in some way or another that doesn't fall under fair-use.

Not trying to defend them of course, just stating the obvious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto