Nintendo Switch Online gets three new GBA games this month

A new collection of retro games will soon be made available to subscribers to Nintendo Switch Online. This time around, the focus is on GBA games, with three titles set to be added next week. Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 2, and Super Mario Advance 3 will all be playable on NSO starting on May 26th. The three games are ports of Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island, respectively.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 I understand, it's basically the definitive version of SMB3 with the ton of extra content that the game has.

But these three games I think I prefer the SNES version, the sound quality is not so good, the colors are horrible (especially in Super Mario World) and the screen crunch is really annoying.

Reactions: Mike_77712

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no LTTP GBA with no four swords god i'm glad i'm not paying extra 30 dollars again next year with this pass for this bullshit once it expire's i'm going the 20 dollar route.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

A new collection of retro games will soon be made available to subscribers to Nintendo Switch Online. This time around, the focus is on GBA games, with three titles set to be added next week. Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 2, and Super Mario Advance 3 will all be playable on NSO starting on May 26th. The three games are ports of Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island, respectively.

this is a carrot/stick bad scenery for 60 USD at month and you only recieve 3 games!

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMA2: SMW was the first GBA/handheld game i ever played. I played the SNES version much much later (2014 i believe, i didn't knew it existed until that year) so ofc i am hyped for it. Tho i prefer the SNES original, even if it lacks voiceclips, Luigi is just a Mario Reskin and whatelse! 😌

Archolm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone should try and back port the additional features of the Mario GBA games, back to their SNES counter parts.

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ, Nintendo. There's over a THOUSAND GBA games. If you're releasing GBA games at this pace, it's fucking robbery to demand your customers to upgrade to Expansion to play them.
so uhhh why isn't the service put out of its misery? it's been 5-6 years into the service and yet the lineup for *all* games is pretty weak compared to the wii and wii u

Reactions: raxadian

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so uhhh why isn't the service put out of its misery? it's been 5-6 years into the service and yet the lineup for *all* games is pretty weak compared to the wii and wii u
Because that same service is required for online play, it’s all a package. And the general populace or average Switch owner are paying for it, especially when it starts at $20 a month compared to competitors. We’re kind of in a bubble when it comes to the actual business.

Those who know better are already playing these games using far better methods lol. We’ve been playing GBA games on Switch with Retroarch before Ninty even considered to throw us scraps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1