Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online

Those that subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online will be able to play Game Boy games on their Switch, later today. Tetris, Super Mario Land 2, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Gargoyle's Quest, Game & Watch Gallery 3, Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, Metroid II, Wario Land 3 and Kirby's Dreamland will all be available. You can use various filters to mimic the look of various versions of Game Boy. Online play is supported, too.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Ages, Pokemon: TCG, Kirby's Tilt and Tumble, and more are on the way later.

GBA games can be played by those who are a part of the NSO Expansion Pack. Those games today are, Super Mario Advance 4, WarioWare Inc., Kuru Kuru Kururin, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, and Zelda: The Minish Cap. Games like Metroid: Fusion, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Fire Emblem, and Golden Sun will come later.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I got my numbers wrong but still too much for something I can even do on my school chromebook for free I'm playing gba during class fuck nintendo
But it's also money you're probably already spending (at least enough for the base NSO subscription) if you care about playing any Nintendo games online, so it's not even valid to say it costs that just for Game Boy games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly care about cloud saving after my original switch died, so I don't like having to pay for that. I wish there was a way to copy games to a flash drive :(

Reactions: LibreNyaa

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
So they're gonna release a gba game called Kuru Kururin that was never released in America so do you think Nintendo is actually gonna release Mother 3?
Nintendo may release Mother 3, but they will never ever release it in English. The suicides are pivot points on that narrative, you can't edit out.

So if you ever see Mother 3 on NSO it will be in the Japanese app in Japanese language.

(side note: that Reggie Fils-Aime thing with Mother 3 was a lie from beginning, he always knew it would never come, but he pretend otherwise just to boost his image, like he always do whenever he has a chance)

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not made for people like you, it's made for people who have no idea what an emulator is
damn I should teach them what an emulator is then
Post automatically merged:

50 bucks for 5 emulators + many cool games + DLCs to specific games.

Sounds pretty good to me and I don't even use online.
wait NSO gives free games?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn I should teach them what an emulator is then

wait NSO gives free games?
I believe the nso online games being talked about is the actual switch games. I said this before and I will say it again, anyone that as an online membership should also be using it for actual online games that get released. I don’t mind switch online because I just don’t use it for the emulators.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These emulators will really be good if they finally let you play with more than people on your friend list. I get it at times if it’s someone you don’t know they might disconnect on you but still, that rarely happens. I’m curious on how the gameboy games work though without the link cable, I feel like they remade them in a sense as if their like nes, snes games to make them work.

Reactions: Kioku

Beaukilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Man such a bunch of babies crying here. Go get a job and a life, it's cheaper than the price of a meal at a restaurant. I worked out the nso costs me 0.014% of my yearly income. Fantastic service imo. Look forward to more games being added.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man such a bunch of babies crying here. Go get a job and a life, it's cheaper than the price of a meal at a restaurant. I worked out the nso costs me 0.014% of my yearly income. Fantastic service imo. Look forward to more games being added.
You realise most people here probably just pirate the games anyway so it costs them 0% of their yearly income? Good flex though, we're all well jelly.

JonahPennington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As someone who grew up playing these games, I'm really excited to see them back in action. I think the cost is worth it for the access to classic games like these. Plus, with the added convenience of playing on the Switch, it's definitely a step up from playing on a school Chromebook. By the way, have any of you tried any money making games? I've heard of some mobile games that pay real money, but I'm not sure if they're legit or not.

Last edited by JonahPennington,
Reactions: Thejax

RollerDude89065

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those that subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online will be able to play Game Boy games on their Switch, later today. Tetris, Super Mario Land 2, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, Gargoyle's Quest, Game & Watch Gallery 3, Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, Metroid II, Wario Land 3 and Kirby's Dreamland will all be available. You can use various filters to mimic the look of various versions of Game Boy. Online play is supported, too.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Ages, Pokemon: TCG, Kirby's Tilt and Tumble, and more are on the way later.

GBA games can be played by those who are a part of the NSO Expansion Pack. Those games today are, Super Mario Advance 4, WarioWare Inc., Kuru Kuru Kururin, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, and Zelda: The Minish Cap. Games like Metroid: Fusion, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Fire Emblem, and Golden Sun will come later.

Nintendo be charging so much money for subscriptions for these old games because they know that fans of these games will have no choice but to pay for the subscriptions if they want the games. How greedy and scummy of them.

Oh wow how generous of Nintendo. 🙄

They should have announced GCN/Wii games for the service or to sell on the eShop.
True.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...