Nintendo Switch Online gets three new GBA games this month

A new collection of retro games will soon be made available to subscribers to Nintendo Switch Online. This time around, the focus is on GBA games, with three titles set to be added next week. Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 2, and Super Mario Advance 3 will all be playable on NSO starting on May 26th. The three games are ports of Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island, respectively.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These games aren't ports, they are roms that take 0 effort to put inside their emulation app. They are giving people the mininum and in small doses.
These roms are apparently using HD Rumble, but it's GBA games so I doubt it makes much use of it when Switch games don't as it is.

1-2 Switch was the best "game" (collection of tech demos) that demonstrated how good HD Rumble was. Unfortunately, it was never used to its full potential.

Thanks, Nintendo. 😑

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUPER MARIO BROS 2 GAME OF THE YEAR 35 YEARS IN A ROW BAYBEE!

Ok but seriously all three of these aren't even GBA games, the og NES/SNES versions are already on NSO so wtf Nintendo quit playing around and maybe add some actual Game Boy Advance games?

Wake me up when the GBA Pokemon/Gen 3 games get added lul, I'm off to play my copy of Emerald...

Reactions: impeeza

DumpsterDivin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm here for Yoshi's Island, for the sake of nostalgia for sick days home from school, but this does seem like a weak announcement. How many ways do we need to have that we can play the same games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning