New 1093 - Super Mario Advance 4 (J)

lum

Hunter lvl
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm, i'd say most ppl of all ages would've played it. it was on both nes and snes, so unless u're around 10 years old, u should've touched this game before.

i'm glad though, since i never finished this, got stuck in the 4th world

[-BiG_W-]

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah - read the NFO

QUOTE said:
The original Mario Advance 4 cart contains 1mbit of flash rom
for its save data, our version has been fixed to use two 512kbit
and 512M visoly carts. No guarantee is made for other play methods.

The game has been tested for a few levels and no problems were found
saving and reloading the data, the game can be played just like the
original version. We hope you like it as much as we do..

Looks like this game won't work with PogoShell. Be interesting to see which flash carts this actually works with.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I've been thinking....

- Nintendo makes helluvalot money with this. Just think about it. Releasing every part of the original Mario adventures for full price. Yay. In a few years, there'll be the BRAND NEW GBA Mario All-stars!! Sarcasm aside, they could've done it now.

- Is there the brilliant multiplayer mode as in the other Mario advance parts? Yay.
rolleyes.gif

D

Deleted User

Perhaps some of the younger games here have not played Mario 3. Or they grew up during the end of the 16-bit or 32-bit era (when bits were still a relevant factor for games). Regardless if you have not played Super Mario Bros. 3, you must.

Besides Mario's jump to the N64 with a fully 3D world, I beleive Mario 3 to be the pinnacle of the series. The overworld map, the amount of powerups, multiple Koopa's, almost all of the enemies are back this time with Children of thier own. It shows a passing of time in the mushroom kingdom; it shows impermanence which is an important principle within Budhism. This was one of the first Nintendo games that really displayed the influence of Japanese culture (well one of the first to do this that reached us gamers in the US). The Tanuki suit (raccoons are magical creatures in Japanese mythology) is one example of the cultural influence. This was the very begining of the globalization of games that has gone so far these days to having a lot of US games retain thier Japanese-ness. Examples: (most of the recent Megaman games with Japanese dialogue, the sound bytes in most fighting games etc., and dont reply to that with a 'capcom is too lazy to change stuff' answer).

Mario 3 also had the biggest marketing campaign of any Mario game. If you can find the commercials on the net, they were great. One in particular had kids on different continents of the worl chanting mario. each continent of kids wore a differnt color T-shirt and when the camera zoomed out to view the entire earth you could see Mario's face created by all the kids on eatch chanting "Mario". Also, the move, 'The Wizard' was, for the most part, a 1 hour and a half long commercial for Mario 3 which was debuted at the gaming competition at the end of the flick.

So Don't doubt this game! yeah I just get real worked up over Mario 3. I'm glad its out. Can't wait to do some e-reader connectivity with it.

Thought everyone who wants a new Mario platformer is right. Miyamato needs to get his ass in gear and give the oldschoolers a new Mario game in the tradition of Mario 3/World.
ph34r.gif

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mmm...
1) the way nintendo advertise their gameboy player is sicko!
wacko.gif

2) when i loaded the rom there was already a save and when i loaded it the game goed mad then the save auto-deleted! anyone haved it?
3) anyone know what you can unlock with e-card and if is something important? (magus point to thug & reyvgm for a save)

monsta

Trophies
XP
Country
this rom cant be written to a EZ-F, it detects it has an intro, nad ask to remove, but then doesnt appear in the list and wont burn

D

Deleted User

Wait, so what kind of problems are occuring with this release?

It doesnt work with Pogoshell?
Saving is a problem?
Someone mentioned that the Rom went 'nuts' upon loading?

Who can confirm this craziness?
ph34r.gif

D

Deleted User

Was this game flashed using an F2A Cable and the GB Player? Sure seems that way...

Whats with that menu in the begining of the game? and the built in save file?

T

tsb_hcy

Screw this dump. It will stay on my back-up CD for kicks, but I won't bother to flash it. Why would they screw it up like they did? I just can't understand it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1