Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All homebrew scenes began this way.
True, just being honest about it. More possibilities for CFW and region-free are always welcome, but there's really not much too get excited for in the way of actual homebrew on the 3DS. So many devices out there are more powerful, more accessible, and much better established in that regard.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, of course. To each their own.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
True, just being honest about it. More possibilities for CFW and region-free are always welcome, but there's really not much to get excited for in the way of actual homebrew on the 3DS. So many devices out there are more powerful, more accessible, and much better established in that regard.

True. But still fun to try out.
Getting almost as excited as first PSP cfw was made.

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They have till the end of the month for me and then SKY3DS here I come. I don't play online so im not worried about it being blocked.... To bad Realhotstuff closed down, I need to find a new supplier.

But you'll worry if Nintendo block your 3DS for going online, so you can't update your firmware, and future games coming with the need of a new update (for exemple Mario XXX asking update 10.2), then you'll be stuck and just be able to play "old" games, but not the new one. :(

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So gateway strategy is to wait until everybody buys a sky before announcing anything?

exactly. But I won't get a sky3ds. I already have Cubic Ninja.
oh and an old 3ds xl doing fine with my gateway.

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you'll worry if Nintendo block your 3DS for going online, so you can't update your firmware, and future games coming with the need of a new update (for exemple Mario XXX asking update 10.2), then you'll be stuck and just be able to play "old" games, but not the new one. :(
If he gets a sky none of that matters.

1. He said he doesn't play online, so he's not likely to get banned

2. He can update from a cart if he needed to

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Nope, I don't even need the eshop..... Don't care if I don't have emunanad and il just stay on 9.0.

My problem with gateway is communication, god I hope Krikzz(Maker of the Everdrives) one day makes a 3DS cart when Nintendo releases their next gen handheld. Gateway really needs to learn from Krikzz and how he conducts his business. Gateway literally has the worst communication I have ever seen. They should give us a time frame so I know if I should buy a SKY3DS, I given them till the end of the month and if they haven't released the update then I will just got SKY3DS. Plus I haven't really played many of my 3ds games despite owning a launch 3ds so I really just want the flash cart for the back catalog not really future games, plus can update from cart like verycrushed said.

I might keep my Gateway as a backup but I think i'm going to use SKY3DS as my main card for new 3ds mm le but im stick of Gateway and their communication, at least SKY3DS gets their releases out.....

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have till the end of the month for me and then SKY3DS here I come. I don't play online so im not worried about it being blocked.... To bad Realhotstuff closed down, I need to find a new supplier.

Realhotstuff closed down? How long have they been gone? I ordered from them not too long ago. It's a shame, they were a good site and had fast shipping.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Realhotstuff closed down? How long have they been gone? I ordered from them not too long ago. It's a shame, they were a good site and had fast shipping.

they didn't. They stopped selling flascards.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they didn't. They stopped selling flascards.

Ummm that new website is not affiliated with them, their hk site is gone and usa is some fake scam site.... sorry they are gone.... There is a post on gbatemp somewhere. Been gone for at least a month, rumor is they were raided and their stock seized.

The new site looks nothing like the old one and what use are they if they don't have flashcarts if they were still here?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ummm that new website is not affiliated with them, their hk site is gone and usa is some fake scam site.... sorry they are gone.... There is a post on gbatemp somewhere. Been gone for at least a month, rumor is they were raided.

Last time I heard about them, they stopped selling flashcards. Maybe they close though. I don't know really :P

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last time I heard about them, they stopped selling flashcards. Maybe they close though. I don't know really :P

They were the best site for 3ds/ds flash carts imo, its really sad that they don't sell them anymore. They had amazing fast 3-6 day shipping, even from the .hk site.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eeeeewww. No, just no. :) Definatly not RealHotStuff.

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
So gateway strategy is to wait until everybody buys a sky before announcing anything?
There is a conspiracy theory that Sky3ds Team IS in fact the GW Team.
They wait til' people are irritated with their paperweight GW card and convince them indirectly to buy Sky3ds. After everyone has done so, GW releases an update, making them come back.

Double the cards, double the profit!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1