Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
this would be the best thing ever because aLL I HAVE WANTED TO DO IS PLAY MY GAMES WITHOUT CARRYING THEM ALL AROUND

Same It's worth it to play all those games without carrying them :D

Fuck Piracy, for all we know Nintendo probably made the Gateway in order to get the masses to unlock the regions and stuff :D
Buy Gateway, support Nintendo :D wooohooo!!!

Lol

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Tbh at this point I've given up on Gateway support. It's strange, but when you actually see how to do some of the same things they do, the idea of buying it isn't as enticing (and not as fun either). I'm hoping we'll have success with KARL3DS, so that there's at least some sort of region free solution for those who are against piracy.
Thing is, most people likely don't even put this much thought into the food they eat, let alone whether the cart they use to play homebrew might be used by somebody else for piracy. The bottom line is that there probably wouldn't have been a 3DS scene to this day if not for Gateway. That doesn't mean anyone should be thankful to them necessarily, but I certainly am. For everything the Gateway cart allows me to do with my 3DS. So many of the other scene developers are either selfish to ridiculous degree, or try to stand on the bullshit moral high ground that piracy is somehow the number one issue ruining the world today.

Same reason we'll probably never see a ROM loader for the WiiU. So whether the goal is profit or not, I say thanks to those groups that allow us to run homebrew, and yes, play pirated games, on various consoles. Life truly wouldn't be as sweet without your contributions.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ehh I'm more of a 'I don't care if you want to pirate, as long as I get my benefit then I'm happy' ^_^

Piracy does have a lot of good points imo, but that's a whole different story. Especially the fact that it's a great way to filter out shovelware, and safer way to take risks on games you otherwise wouldn't have played. Ofc this should lead to either you talking good about the game, or buying it legitimately.

I have so many carts right now, and a n3ds. So even a limited backup player would be welcome in open arms by me :D

Reactions: ryanjf97

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I swear they are waiting for April 1st, then make an update. Turns out it's all a lie.
Release an update that just bricks your n3ds after a week, then disappear as a flash cart company. They get your money, and have a laugh. Make sure it bricks it on April 1st.

With no way to hardmod the n3ds, we'd all be screwed.

Just kidding that's horrible.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tbh at this point I've given up on Gateway support. It's strange, but when you actually see how to do some of the same things they do, the idea of buying it isn't as enticing (and not as fun either). I'm hoping we'll have success with KARL3DS, so that there's at least some sort of region free solution for those who are against piracy.

Region-free working on N3DS would be great. That would let people who have a JP N3DS to play games they understand :)

By the way, do you plan to update the official CitrAGB build? I read you fixed it to work on N3DS, but the official one available doesn't work on N3DS, had to use an unofficial one posted on the thread (As I already posted on the thread for some other things, I take the opportunity to ask here but you can answer on the CitrAGB thread if you want, no problem at all ^^).

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, I don't even mind if we just get the 3DS equivalent of Devolution. Where you have to insert the cart once to prove that you own it, for the dump to run on your 3ds. Granted I prefer something easier to run backups, but that is a compromise I am willing to take personally.

Also I wanna play those DBZ jap exclusives on my n3ds ;)
I would totally mind. A stupid AP like Devolution's wouldn't allow me to run ROM hacks, undubs, fan translations, or homebrew (outside of the crappy and impractical Ninjhax method), which I totally use. Not to mention that it would be pointless, as you could just borrow or rent a game to validate your dump. Or heck, just use Sky3DS to make it believe that you've inserted the actual game cart.

Reactions: codychaosx

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would totally mind. A stupid AP like Devolution's wouldn't allow me to run ROM hacks, undubs, fan translations, or homebrew (outside of the crappy and impractical Ninjhax method), which I totally use. Not to mention that it would be pointless, as you could just borrow or rent a game to validate your dump. Or heck, just use Sky3DS to make it believe that you've inserted the actual game cart.

Sky is easy to detect though, since homebrew devs wouldn't have to worry about false positives... all in the name of preventing piracy.

Swizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Although this thread doesn't have half the speed of the previous one, we might breach it's amount of pages due to sheer waitwayness.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky is easy to detect though, since homebrew devs wouldn't have to worry about false positives... all in the name of preventing piracy.
It's true that Sky3DS can be detected, but I'm not sure about easy. Nintendo hasn't been able to block it yet, after all. I guess it would depend on whether the person coding the AP is capable of implementing a method of detecting it. IIRC, Devolution's AP could be fooled by a modchip.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
EXPANSION PAK, NEW 3DS VERSION

It should be out soon.....my gut feeling is telling me something bad will happen soon though..... and it's a sinking feeling....
And my copy of GE2: Rage Burst is still in Clearance Delay......perhaps it's for that..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!