Zombie thread, RAAAGH

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trust me, I don't care all that much if I have to wait 3 more fucking months. But what I dislike is the team not posting any updates in a long time while I have a paperweight N3DSXL from Japan around here and I'd much rather play MM on that instead of my old 3DS with its crappy small screens.
But instead they have me checking their website every day and still see the same Feb 9th announcement of the manual they released. They make it seem like they are ready for release while obviously they are not. And that's called false advertising and should genuinely piss you off as a consumer.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Trust me, I don't care all that much if I have to wait 3 more fucking months. But what I dislike is the team not posting any updates in a long time while I have a paperweight N3DSXL from Japan around here and I'd much rather play MM on that instead of my old 3DS with its crappy small screens.
But instead they have me checking their website every day and still see the same Feb 9th announcement of the manual they released. They make it seem like they are ready for release while obviously they are not. And that's called false advertising and should genuinely piss you off as a consumer.

You clearly weren't here when we were all waiting for multi-rom, the wait seemed so loonnngg.....

But in the end we got our multi-rom and we're all happy now.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I would be but I bought myself an O3DS when the update was announced and decided to take a leap of faith and bought a N3DS on launch. As far as I'm concerned I'm good to go.
That doesnt make his statement wrong, does it?
Actually it does because to be better than someone you have to compare yourself with them. And since Sky is the only one that's working on the N3DS it's currently the best for that platform but it's not better than GW because they can't be compared.

Reactions: Miles54321

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I have to agree with guitarhero here, like, the fact that Sky intentionally put a game card limit on the flash cart was unheard of at the time and very stingy, Gateway have a working product for everyone whos not on N3ds and 9.2 or lower, the ones who updated or just got a n3ds have to wait, It's really not that bad at all, but Sky3ds putting a limit on it and not even trying to distinguish itself from QQ3DS is bad, I've even heard Sky3ds/QQ3DS get stuck in the system whereas this isn't the case with Gateway, No offense but when you play around with backups of games etc. you don't want to buy an untrustworthy flashcart, Sky is good for what it does but that company is full of BS, Gateway isn't perfect but as far as I know they haven't ripped off anyone

Reactions: guitarheroknight

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's all order SKY3DS on March 1st if the update isn't out or at the very least an update to their community on what's going on and a timeframe for the n3ds update. If people are complaining about they are shady because of 10 card limit then go QQ3DS but let take a stand.

:P

Anyways I'm serious about ordering on March 1st, it was more then enough time for atleast an update on what's going on...

ucta

custom title=0
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Let's all order SKY3DS on March 1st if the update isn't out or at the very least an update to their community on what's going on and a timeframe for the n3ds update. If people are complaining about they are shady because of 10 card limit then go QQ3DS but let take a stand.

:P

Anyways I'm serious about ordering on March 1st, it was more then enough time for atleast an update on what's going on...

just order now as nothing is going to happen soon, waiting with sky is so much easier than having n3ds collecting dust

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Thats the same as you saying that youre the fastest man alive when youre the only man alive. :rolleyes:

When you are the only one, you are the fastest.
But I agree, they are not really comparable.

Anyway - I am sitting here and waiting for the GW update. Even if Sky would cost only 20$ I would not
buy it, because of the initial 10 games ripoff.

Reactions: 2Hack

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
When you are the only one, you are the fastest.
But I agree, they are not really comparable.

Anyway - I am sitting here and waiting for the GW update. Even if Sky would cost only 20$ I would not
buy it, because of the initial 10 games ripoff.

If it were £10 I might as I'd be able to play any game I didn;t own currently which is worth it for £10 but yeh, i'm just worried about the cards lifespan
Imagine what'd happen if the card got blocked!

Sky3ds owners: "Well it was fun while it lasted"
Gateway: "You mean a couple of months, only a little longer than the N3ds support took to come out :P"

Although if they did manage to block Sky it'd boost their morale to block Gateway which although we now gateway is very hard to block it would cause more inconvenience, good thing Gateway are prepared for this sort of thing

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If it were £10 I might as I'd be able to play any game I didn;t own currently which is worth it for £10 but yeh, i'm just worried about the cards lifespan
Imagine what'd happen if the card got blocked!

Sky3ds owners: "Well it was fun while it lasted"
Gateway: "You mean a couple of months, only a little longer than the N3ds support took to come out :P"

Although if they did manage to block Sky it'd boost their morale to block Gateway which although we now gateway is very hard to block it would cause more inconvenience, good thing Gateway are prepared for this sort of thing
Miles, gatewait IS blocked right now.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let's see what happen on N3DS. Hopefuly they enable at least EmuNAND for CIS. But also hope they bring EmuNAND 9.5+++ to N3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1