Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We could all go bitch to gary on maxconsole and demand some sort of response? not that it would really do anything...but lol im getting so desperate im willing to get gang raped for the n3ds exploit. as long as its Caucasian fellas with small wee wees.

if you want small wee wees u should go for asian

ok i'm just kidding, racist time is over lol

Reactions: Ralph1611

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
We could all go bitch to gary on maxconsole and demand some sort of response? not that it would really do anything...but lol im getting so desperate im willing to get gang raped for the n3ds exploit. as long as its Caucasian fellas with small wee wees.
I don't know man they are so used to screw people that I think they would give you one hell of a ride lol

Reactions: codychaosx

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And GW still hasn't told us anything about when/if they will release n3ds support. I get that they can't do emunand 9.5, that's fine. But the question from 1st post in this thread still remains... when is GW gonna release n3ds support (with whatever features GW can include)? Who knows, maybe februrary, maybe summer, maybe even in 2016.
I have already told the world when the release is expected for over a week now. August 14th.

It is both Soon™ and A While™ AND exactly 9 months after the Emuaculate Conception of N3DS support.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it may be in ppls best interest to upgrade to 9.5 if theyre currently on 9.3 or 9.4?

Definitely not, if you're on 9.3 or 9.4 you're already screwed for any sort of hax or whatnot (except GSP/memory stuffs and regionthree), but 9.5 patched a vulnerability which will pretty much make it near impossible for Gateway to work again past 9.5, even if they found another kernel exploit or two. The thing is though, their delays for 9.5 might not be as long as we thought they would be.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you mean it actually has a potential flaw regression in 9.5?

More or less a flaw in how they did their encryption methinks. Basically the kernel can be decrypted with any old arm9 hack on a New 3DS, which means that finding the keys might not be as long/painful as it was for the 7.x keys.

EDIT: Hate pulling IRC logs (it's just kinda weird), but this is basically the reasoning for the edit:
Code:
[20:44] <@yellows8> http://3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=9.5.0-22&curid=1823&diff=11562&oldid=11560 ;-)
[20:45] < Normmatt> so can decrypt it with any arm9 hax on n3ds?
[20:47] <@yellows8> correct

Reactions: VinsCool

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
More or less a flaw in how they did their encryption methinks. Basically the kernel can be decrypted with any old arm9 hack on a New 3DS, which means that finding the keys might not be as long/painful as it was for the 7.x keys.

EDIT: Hate pulling IRC logs (it's just kinda weird), but this is basically the reasoning for the edit:
Code:
[20:44] <@yellows8> http://3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=9.5.0-22&curid=1823&diff=11562&oldid=11560 ;-)
[20:45] < Normmatt> so can decrypt it with any arm9 hax on n3ds?
[20:47] <@yellows8> correct

so for noob shit people like me, this means that the emunand 9.5 support for n3ds is DEFINITELY doable and that GW is just exaggerating the difficulty to explain delays?

Reactions: Thomas12345

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so for noob shit people like me, this means that the emunand 9.5 support for n3ds is DEFINITELY doable and that GW is just exaggerating the difficulty to explain delays?
Gateway want "noob shit people like" you get different solution that why they just exaggerating difficulty.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When did they exaggerate it? And I quote: "This is not a definitive barrier, but we feel it necessary to inform our users that while we are still working on releasing our New 3ds support, we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.5 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release."

They'll begin work on >9.4 emuNAND once N3DS support has been released. But while they're working on that, the focus is not on newer firmware. It's on 8.1 - 9.2 where the N3DS can be exploited.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, it's more like Nintendo added encryption + a new key for ARM9 kernel, and yellows8 happened to find a way to decrypt this without hacking the kernel from 9.5 (or from the bootrom). Gateway was aware that this change occurred, but yellows8 found a way around it first which Gateway may or may not end up finding. So not as much of an exaggeration, but two different groups working at different paces (and on different things).

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, it's more like Nintendo added encryption + a new key for ARM9 kernel, and yellows8 happened to find a way to decrypt this without hacking the kernel from 9.5 (or from the bootrom). Gateway was aware that this change occurred, but yellows8 found a way around it first which Gateway may or may not end up finding. So not as much of an exaggeration, but two different groups working at different paces (and on different things).

unless gateway team reads the 3dbrew documentation, they should be able to workaround, right?

Vickyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You so easily forget that Sky3DS purposely set a game limit just to make you buy more of their cards, then they charge you to buy the new model with no game limit. Also, to what "communication" do you refer on Sky3DS's part? They've never had to update anything important except to tell you to buy the new card to get rid of game limits.
1336149833751_4663792.png

Both are bad, but the only one working right now is sky3ds. Anyone can see that.

Reactions: bennyhan1985

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
yellows8 should sell his method to Gateway so he can make a bit of cash and support the "Homebrew" community too

ucta

custom title=0
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Okey they are stuck with 9.5...but what about 8.1-9.2? Why they are not mentioning it nor releasing. We can just wait months with no probs waiting on 9.2 and using gateway+fw spoofing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i kinda left without giving the quote, but here it is