Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks Details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tempbot, Nov 4, 2009.

Nov 4, 2009
  1. Tempbot
    OP

Contributor Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip
    United Kingdom
    Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks Details
    New interviews and details reveal more about Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks.
    During an interview with Nintendo JP, Miyamoto revealed a little bit more about Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks.

“In this (installment of the series), we’re using MotionPlus to make you feel much more like you’re actually fighting while holding a sword in your hand,” the Zelda creator said.MotionPlus will also be used to target things on screen in place of the Wii’s infrared sensor.

In the previous game, you aimed at things by pointing at the screen, but this time we’ll use MotionPlus to create a much more convenient targeting system and a more pleasurable playing experience.”

[Zelda Spirit Tracks] will be really fun. It’s turning out to be rather challenging. Many of our Japanese customers were introduced to the Zelda series with Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks could prove to be kind of hard for them, but I thought we’d show them what Zelda is really made of this time around. So it’s turning into quite a unique title.

The full interview should be translated soon.

Source

Contributed by avengedZC

2. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    I see my DSi!
    [​IMG]

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    What? I thought they always loves Zelda since the Famicom.

4. kayos90

Newcomer kayos90 Member

United States
    I think what they mean is this: "Instead of using one point as a possible place to receive signals (infrared) we will be using the axis-system in motion-plus. Basically you had to aim using just the mote. With Plus you will be able to aim by how you hold and turn the remote because it's on a multivariable axis using x-y-z. It's.... hard to explain.... Just read up calculus.

5. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Zelda was one of the few titles in which I hated the Motion and IR controls. I hope they'll fix that in this game. Otherwise I want GameCube controls, which I probably won't get.

6. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Heh, so Spirit Tracks would be more challenging than PH? I'm up for the challenge!! [​IMG]

7. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    it definitely needs challenge cuz it was shallow in terms of it's variety of fighting techniques... good news