Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks Details

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks Details
New interviews and details reveal more about Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks.
During an interview with Nintendo JP, Miyamoto revealed a little bit more about Zelda Wii and Spirit Tracks.

“In this (installment of the series), we’re using MotionPlus to make you feel much more like you’re actually fighting while holding a sword in your hand,” the Zelda creator said.MotionPlus will also be used to target things on screen in place of the Wii’s infrared sensor.

In the previous game, you aimed at things by pointing at the screen, but this time we’ll use MotionPlus to create a much more convenient targeting system and a more pleasurable playing experience.”

[Zelda Spirit Tracks] will be really fun. It’s turning out to be rather challenging. Many of our Japanese customers were introduced to the Zelda series with Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks could prove to be kind of hard for them, but I thought we’d show them what Zelda is really made of this time around. So it’s turning into quite a unique title.

The full interview should be translated soon.

Source

Contributed by avengedZC

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I see my DSi!
yaynds.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
MotionPlus will also be used to target things on screen in place of the Wii’s infrared sensor.

The infrared aiming was fucking awesome in Twilight Princess. Why change it? Also, I thought maybe they'd do something like archery in WSR. Press a button to enter archery mode, hold that button, draw, shoot, etc. IDK how the pulled off archery in WSR, though.

QUOTEMany of our Japanese customers were introduced to the Zelda series with Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks could prove to be kind of hard for them, but I thought we’d show them what Zelda is really made of this time around. So it’s turning into quite a unique title.

What? I thought they always loves Zelda since the Famicom.

kayos90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what they mean is this: "Instead of using one point as a possible place to receive signals (infrared) we will be using the axis-system in motion-plus. Basically you had to aim using just the mote. With Plus you will be able to aim by how you hold and turn the remote because it's on a multivariable axis using x-y-z. It's.... hard to explain.... Just read up calculus.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zelda was one of the few titles in which I hated the Motion and IR controls. I hope they'll fix that in this game. Otherwise I want GameCube controls, which I probably won't get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.