OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got this email just now..

QUOTE said:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time from GAME.co.uk.

We hope you have enjoyed receiving your preorder and are currently braving the lands of Hyrule with Link.

You may have noticed that your gold box art and poster were not delivered with your game.
Have no fear, your preorder offer is on it's way and will be with you quicker than you can tackle the new Legendary Master Quest mode.

Thank you very much for preordering from GAME.co.uk.

The GAME
Customer Service Team
The annoying part is that I haven't even received the game
mellow.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Schlupi said:
Wait, gold box art not sent to you? Isn't it, you know... kinda PART of the case of the game and such? Are they sending you two copies? XP
Two boxes.
One empty box for pre-order special, and normal box with game.
I posted a pic in the discussion thread
wink.gif
photo1zb.jpg

photo2bvl.jpg

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
See my thread about E-shop cards for general bitching about GAME!
My local one is offering pre-orders on Mario 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS and Luigis Mansion 2- I asked when they were to be released and they said they didn't know! I distrust them intensely- should have waited and just gone out and bought it

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Schlupi said:
Wait, gold box art not sent to you? Isn't it, you know... kinda PART of the case of the game and such? Are they sending you two copies? XP
Two boxes.
One empty box for pre-order special, and normal box with game.
I posted a pic in the discussion thread
wink.gif

Ah. I see. They were both sealed, I didn't think they would send an empty box, but that's really cool they give you both. I feel cheated -- I really like the EUR boxart lol.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Has anyone else who received the gold box art removed the sleeve?

On the inside (where the rupees are printed) there's a picture of link with navi in the corner, which you cannot see normally as the case plastic is in the way.

(I was switching covers between the two OoT cases as the gold one had a bloody sticker on it
dry.gif
)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
subcon959 said:
Got this email just now..

QUOTE said:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time from GAME.co.uk.

We hope you have enjoyed receiving your preorder and are currently braving the lands of Hyrule with Link.

You may have noticed that your gold box art and poster were not delivered with your game.
Have no fear, your preorder offer is on it's way and will be with you quicker than you can tackle the new Legendary Master Quest mode.

Thank you very much for preordering from GAME.co.uk.

The GAME
Customer Service Team
The annoying part is that I haven't even received the game
mellow.gif
So they're saying you'll get your full order before you can beat the game twice?
That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
unsure.gif

Looks like they're trying to use humor to deaden the impact of disappointing customer service as well.

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually emailed them about this and they admitted that sending the promotional material separately was down to a packaging error. Here's the email:

Code:
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately there was a slight packaging error with your game. Please be assured that this is not our usual standard. We are currently looking to send out these promotional bonuses separately. Please be assured that we making every effort to resolve this issue swiftly and all affected customers will receive an email shortly with a resolution.

Once again we apologise for any disappointment caused.

Regards,

Charlotte H

The Team at GAME

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
The only person I know who pre-ordered in store at GAME was told he would have to go back monday for the promotional materials as they weren't in yet. I was shown them two weeks ago by a staff member. WHAT IS GOING ON THERE?!

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's fair to say there is a large disparity between individual GAME shops around Britain. If only they hired employees exclusively from gbatemp.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I got the same email as well. Luckily, I managed to get a pre-order bonus from my local GAME store so it seems that I'm going to have two pre-order bonuses.

Seems my lucks not that all great since I couldn't register properly for the soundtrack and now the option for it is gone
cry.gif

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Be thankful you have the game. I preordered from GAME, all paid, dispatched on the 14th and it still hasn't arrived and apparently im not the only one.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kroganwrex said:
Be thankful you have the game. I preordered from GAME, all paid, dispatched on the 14th and it still hasn't arrived and apparently im not the only one.
It's a shambles. That's the last time I buy anything from GAME.

Kroganwrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
subcon959 said:
Kroganwrex said:
It's a shambles. That's the last time I buy anything from GAME.
I've already complained and called up and done everything I possibly can to let those cock heads know that once I receive my game and preorder goodies, they can fuck themselves.

I vow NEVER to preorder from those arseholes again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill