Bud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, me would translate only times interIrish like I Games can.
with which programs and Tools, etc.

here the German text:

Hallo, mich würde nur mal interesiren wie ich Games übersetzen kann.
mit welchen Programmen und Tools, usw.
Translation: "Hi, i would like to know how to translate games; which programs are used for it etc."

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I still wouldn't mind having a translation of the original Japanese game. I bet you there will be some things within the (J) ROM which won't be in the (U) ROM (things like beta and stuff).

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IVe ripped some jap text in it , google seems to suck and i dont know jap , so i can translate it ? but i can upload it to others who can.

DarkCube

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happy-toast.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a rather poor, but fast translation for the game. I just finished writing an application to modify BMG files which allows me to replace the japanese with any length text i'd like and i started translating the game tonight via google translator (i said it was a poor translation). I'd put my status after around 3 hours of copying / pasting text at about 8% complete.

Im linking to the completed bmg files i translated. If you get a chance try them out and let me know if there are any problems. I know the text probably runs larger than the text box occasionally, i've tried to avoid this but i dont have the patience to make it perfect. My biggest worry is that when it pops up asking you to make a choice, it will default to the first option and not notify you that you were even asked a question (this happens if the number of rows in a pointer are incorrect). I've only tested the menus so far which have no problems. But i dont have a save file for later in the game to test anything else yet.

Translated BMG files: http://www.happy-toast.com/data/phantom-ho...ass-engrish.rar

Unpack the .nds file with dslazy, replace the files under Japanese\Message, and then repack it.

Thanks.

vinikun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am going to say this:

before anyone says "it's coming out in august in english, just wait", I'm offering to do a translation not for the utility purpose of it, but as practice for my japanese skills. if someone can point me in all the directions to get started (unpacking rom to get text files, tool for editing text files) I will start working on the project maybe even tonight.

To give you an idea of my translations, I have been studying japanese for 5 years and I have been more or less able to understand 100% of PH thus far.

I am considering this translation project a test of my skills, since I hope to have a full 100% translation of the main game (probably not side quests etc) before the english version comes out. then I will do comparisons and see how I scored
biggrin.gif

So anyone *really* interested in the translation, reply to this thread with details on where to start and I will start posting my progress every night or other night.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a rather poor, but fast translation for the game. I just finished writing an application to modify BMG files which allows me to replace the japanese with any length text i'd like and i started translating the game tonight via google translator (i said it was a poor translation). I'd put my status after around 3 hours of copying / pasting text at about 8% complete.

Im linking to the completed bmg files i translated. If you get a chance try them out and let me know if there are any problems. I know the text probably runs larger than the text box occasionally, i've tried to avoid this but i dont have the patience to make it perfect. My biggest worry is that when it pops up asking you to make a choice, it will default to the first option and not notify you that you were even asked a question (this happens if the number of rows in a pointer are incorrect). I've only tested the menus so far which have no problems. But i dont have a save file for later in the game to test anything else yet.

Translated BMG files: http://www.happy-toast.com/data/phantom-ho...ass-engrish.rar

Unpack the .nds file with dslazy, replace the files under Japanese\Message, and then repack it.

Thanks.

sweet, testing it now.

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i tried doing the same , thing , but google was a let down there me be a code modifer , like in my fan game for zelda if i want red text "Say `Zelda" the "`" makes IT red
tongue.gif
. just saying nintendo may did code similar to that.

EDIT: i just repacked its cool i saw some text in the reg. part, it asks if your right haned or left handed but it talking bout like seeing lol seeing must be right , and pleating is left.

Someone not saying you but should go take a look thru it afters it been translated.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gez, you KNOW there is an English translation coming in a few months, yet you are flocking to do this? If you have the ability to help, go to the Jump Ultimate Stars translation project, it'd be nice to have the patch available before the summer ends instead of October.

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gez, you KNOW there is an English translation coming in a few months, yet you are flocking to do this? If you have the ability to help, go to the Jump Ultimate Stars translation project, it'd be nice to have the patch available before the summer ends instead of October.
maybe we dont like jump ultimate stars.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gez, you KNOW there is an English translation coming in a few months, yet you are flocking to do this? If you have the ability to help, go to the Jump Ultimate Stars translation project, it'd be nice to have the patch available before the summer ends instead of October.

maybe we dont like jump ultimate stars.
Maybe you like wasting your time translating something that is being officially translated as we speak, instead of translating a game that will never hit western shores.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. im new and ive been reading this forum for the last 5 minutes and it got me interested becuase i want to play this game. You say you want to translate it hmmm. well ive a program which will translate any japanese text in to english perfectly. if you tell me how to extract all the jap text from each of the files i can easily translate all the texts in to english. and also tell me how to replace the texts ive just extracted with the ones ive made. if anyone want the translator i can post the link

Im sure it wouldn't be as easy as that or pretty much all games would be translated by now...
wink2.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay