Gaming Zelda: Ocarina of time Eshop half price sale

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Snapshot_20130214_1_zps7d006886.jpg

Incase you didnt know in the EU Eshop (Not sure about NA) zelda is going half price (£19.99 instead of £39.99) and the deal only lasts untill 21/02 so if you havent already got this and want it, now is your best chance!

I plan to get this but can anyone tell me how many blocks the game takes up? I have just under 6000 blocks left and i dont wana download it and not have enough space on my 3DS.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a great deal for a fantastic, and beautiful looking game. I've been playing through it again but this time just doing my three heart challenge. Even if you played the original, it's worth playing through again.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a great deal for a fantastic, and beautiful looking game. I've been playing through it again but this time just doing my three heart challenge. Even if you played the original, it's worth playing through again.

Can you check how many blocks on your memory card it takes up? Thats the only thing keeping me from getting this atm but i only have 6000 blocks and im assuming coz its a main retail game that it will take alot of blocks up. Thank you in advance

[Edit] I just thought you prolly didnt say in your previous post because you have the cart version, so if thats the case then ignore this lol

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Sainsbury's and Tescos are both selling this for £19.99...just thought some of you who may bite at this price may want to grab it from there and get a cartridge instead.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you check how many blocks on your memory card it takes up? Thats the only thing keeping me from getting this atm but i only have 6000 blocks and im assuming coz its a main retail game that it will take alot of blocks up. Thank you in advance

[Edit] I just thought you prolly didnt say in your previous post because you have the cart version, so if thats the case then ignore this lol
Well, the ROM is 4Gbit = 512MB = 4000 Blocks (I guess), but the ROM is probably filled with garbage to fill it up to 512MB, so it might be even less (or more if the ROM isn't a proper dump, which can't be found it anyway), but I think your 6000 blocks should be enough.

They do sales quite often actually.
They do? When?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well if it helps, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is like 2500 blocks.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last year they did a couple for a number of eShop titles and there's one going on right now for some others. Not sure about other countries.
Ah, ok. Didn't have my 3DS then yet. But I think they should do it more often, maybe even Steam style.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a beautiful game. I am playing through it using a guide as little as possible, but i want to play it again in Master Quest mode with a guide and get everything.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think