Homebrew Zelda BS working on SnemulDS?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i recently found out about tihs game and have been playing it on my PC but i'd rather have it on the go on my DS, is there anyway to work this game on the DS using Snemul or any other SNES emulator?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SnemulDS is a great emulator, it's been improving...yeah, it might work. Just create a "SNES" folder in the directory of yo flashcart, then place the latest SnemulDS.nds into yo directory. All my games on SnemulDS have worked for me (the ones I tried atleast)...even the homebrew Zelda (Parallel Towers). And What does the "BS" stand for?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh i think the BS stands for Beta Satelite or something like that, it was a thing only for Japan that allowed you to download a few games, one of them was a remake of NES Zelda in SNES graphics, which is the rom that i'm asking about. I think it'll be difficult for Snemul to run it considering i'm pretty sure it's even lucky the PC emus can run it but still i'll give it a go.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, for what's it worth. I just played to the first dungeon and it's running pretty good. Just some minor slowdowns when there are some enemies and you 'shoot' your sword. But other than that, it seems fully playable as of yet.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what? It's actually working for you? i treied it out and it just brings up a black screen for me? did you not patch you're one or something, maybe that's why mines not running properly i downloaded a patch that allows you to play as Link (apparantly you couldn't before, it was either some kid in a hat or that pink haird you can choose at the start).

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dunno how much was patched. The one im using has english texts, so a translation patch has been applied for certain.

I also had black screens, but then I turned off sound, vblank and put it on full speed speedhack. Reseted from there and it booted up fine. But don't change the settings yet, or it will crash in the menu when you try to start. As soon as you get to the actual playscreen, you're free to change whatever settings you want (sound,vblank etc) and the game will run great.

I've completed the first 4 dungeons so far without any crashes.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried to run the sound after the gameplay actually started but it still doesn't come on, is there any way to play with sound or am i stuck like that forever?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you remember to change the settings once you got into play? vblank, cycle (smoothest one for this game) speedhack and sound maybe? Try restarting and do the same thing again and it might work.

After I changed back the settings when I got into gameplay, only soundeffects worked. Till I entered the first caveshop. Also, are you using the latest ver of the emu? If all that doesn't fix it, im gonna guess it's rom related.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nah still not working, and yer i am using the latest version. must be rom related i spose. ah well, i'll live with it i spose.

eNforcer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only way mine will start is if I first disable sound.

I can not get past the profile selection/creation screen.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You might want to read the prev posts first enforcer
tongue.gif

@mistickman
Try this, restart the game with the settings, once you see the text before the titlescreen. Go to options and turn on the sound. Do you get the classic tune played during the titlescreen then? If not, then it's pretty certain it's rom related. If you do get sound though, turn sound off again and turn it only back on after you leave the old mans cave (sword). Check if you get the sound effects at that point. If you do, then do what I said earlier to get music.

Hope that helps, since the mini remix tunes are a pleasure to hear and it would be a shame to play it through without sound.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
good news! i got it working with sound using the same rom i had before, dunno why it worked this time buti tried out what you told me again and it just worked. it now runs perfect except for a bit of slow down here and there. thanks for all the help killer!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj