Gaming Zelda BotW do you play with the shrine finder on or off?

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently do, but I'm thinking of disabling it. It's just so...Loud. And in my experience, while it's helpful, it kind of adjusts the experience. I tried playing with the pro HUD, and maaaan - this game can be pretty as heck. I feel the random beeping kind of takes you out of that immersion.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently do, but I'm thinking of disabling it. It's just so...Loud. And in my experience, while it's helpful, it kind of adjusts the experience. I tried playing with the pro HUD, and maaaan - this game can be pretty as heck. I feel the random beeping kind of takes you out of that immersion.
For awhile now i thought that finder was broken, then i realized it only makes noise when
  1. Is turned on to scan for items/shrines nearby
  2. you are near by the target.
  3. You are facing the target's direction.
  4. You are walking in the direction.
  5. The HUGE PROBLEM WITH IT is the proximity range, is fairly long. If anyone remembers the part when they first got the upgrade and the guy told you ho to use it, i was busy looking for the sunshrooms he wanted and kept getting random reactions but never found it until i figured out the other four things i posted above. :P
I really didn't understand it myself, usually if it was a scanner, it should be consistent, not specific how it wants to work. Is very uncommon and make no sense, i have to be near by and facing the direction i am walking in to pick up signal, i been looking for items with it and is so confusing where is located, especially if there is none near by. Another thing could have been useful was having a option to use with vibration instead of noise.:unsure:

In some games like mario party 4 for example, some mini games used rumble feature, if you had it on, then you would have to play mini game with them. One i remember is a battle game where you go fishing, the rule was to wait for controller to rumble and then press A button as fast as you can, the faster the press determine the order of prize for coins. If you had rumble off however, this same mini game would have Exclamation point over the character's head to signal when to press A button.:mellow:

That would have made more sense to have that option, at least to me anyway, i dunno how others would. Finding shrines is easy enough since you can just use pins and stamps to find them easily,, but the scanner does help a bit more. Finding items with it is probably the worst as it very confusing for reason i already mentioned above. :blink:

Off, not only is it annoying, but I never quite figured out the mechanics of what makes it beep. It's not just your proximity to the thing, is it facing the thing? Do you have to be moving for it to work? What is its deal?

That should explain things a bit. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Gosh that beep can drive you insane ! Disabled it the second i got it x).
It hasn't annoyed me but it did make me wonder whereabouts the shrine's located, it's usually all the way at the top of a mountain or at the bottom. :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

minus for displaying the map, then Y ; disable.
Thank you! I kept wondering around if it were somewhere on the in-game Settings but I could never find it and that's why.

I'm better off with the binoculars at the top of a mountain.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as Shrines go, I could use some help getting to the last 2 needed for the Paraglider. I know where they are kinda, but having trouble reaching them... I just finished the Magnet Trial and Bomb Trial... Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it annoying when it's beeping like crazy when i have the shrine right in my sights and am walking directly towards it, but I leave them on because they are fast travel points and I need heart and stamina upgrades. I don't find the shrines too difficult either, though admittedly I couldn't find a few chests and right now I'm skipping all the ones with mini guardians inside.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I keep it on. It barely makes a sound any more though, and I haven't seen any (new) shrine from any mountain for a long time :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I keep it on. It barely makes a sound any more though, and I haven't seen any (new) shrine from any mountain for a long time :P
Ever since I turned it off it has been a more relaxing adventure without that buzz always making me look randomly everywhere. I'd rather just go to the top of a tower or mountain and check from there.

By the way, the enemies are so friendly and adorable when you have their own mask on too. I fed them and whoa, that was an awe moment. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg