Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
i just made some edit:

35194338.png

someone know how to extract the .arc files inside? u8tool dont works this time :__:

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Here is some info I managed to figure out:

All of the menu related content is in the /layout/ folder on the disc (in the DATA partition), mostly inside .arc files. These arc files are LZ77 compressed U8 Archives, but they also have a 0x20 byte "SCF" header at the beginning of the file:

Code:
53 43 46 00 02 00 00 00 xx xx xx xx 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

xxxxxxxx = the filesize of the LZ77 compressed file that the header is attached to (little-endian). I have no idea what this "SCF" header is for, or what the value of byte 0x4 is used for either...

So, to open an arc in the layout folder, just remove this header at the start of the file, then "un-LZ" it, then open it in a U8 editor. Then after modifying, just recompress it with LZ77 and then add back the SCF header (remembering to correct the filesize in the header as you go) before putting the edited file back into the game.

As for actually editing the Menu's "Text" inside ther arcs.... well, the text... is not text. They are all TPL image files (IA4 format TPLs). stored in: {arcfile}/(arcfilename)/timg/*.tpl.
Example: So for the Title screen menu (TrainingMode, StoryMode, Wifi etc.) which is inside /layout/title_02.arc, the "Story Mode" button's text (when wiimote cursor is hovering over said button anyway) would be title_02.arc/title_02/timg/s_mode_l.tpl (and there is another tpl, s_mode_s.tpl, which is used when wiimote cursor is not hovering over the button).

Also, there is some text (actual unicode text, not tpl images) residing inside some of the .sgo files in the disc, but I do not know how .sgo files are structured (all I know is that they are LZ77 compressed, and have a SCF header, like the .arc files). If someone was able to figure out the .sgo format, we could be able to edit the text insode those too.

...I hope that explanation makes sense to you guys. :unsure:

Just thought I would post this here to see what others can do with it, because I doubt I would actually really be able to do any editing, seeing as I am no good at image editing and know very little Japanese.

TL;DR version: Most menu text is in /layout/*.arc, all of which are LZ77 compresed and have a weird "SCF" header attached (after compression), and all the text are actually TPL IA4 image files instead of just being text. Also more text found in some .sgo files too (which also are LZ77 compresed and have a weird "SCF" header attached (after compression)).

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Good info. Hopefully someone would be so kind to attempt and translate the basic stuff now then :)

But, why do you have to remove the header before uncompressing the file?

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I have no idea why the developers tacked that header on at the start of the majority of the files... and there is no harm in removing it to edit the file, and then to put it back afterward.

Also when testing out minor modifications with riivolution, I noticed that the game accepts modified "un-SCF'd", uncompressed versions of the files just fine, which makes testing minor edits easier.

...I wonder if this SCF stuff could have something to do with dealing with the compressed files? :wacko:

I have also been able to edit a tiny bit of text strings in some of the .sgo files, and the game accpets the modified files fine, but I cannot increase the size of said text strings, meaning it is urrently limited to the amount of characters already set in each string, which severely limits the ability to actually translate the game (as Japanese language usually uses less actual characters to say stuff than in English language).

I have no real idea on this .sgo file format, or how to change the amount of text in each string.... what we really need is someone who can both figure out this file format and at the same time is actually interested in modifying this particular game... and judging by how easily this thread keeps dying... I no longer have high hopes for that unfortunately........... :sad:

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that these layout/ files that you see have a blyt and anim folder too along with the timg folder. then they're just banner files basically

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
instead of bumping, can someone check if there's the blyt and anim folders in the layout folder? if so I think the translation for at least that part can be done with either tpl or bmsg editing. it could use the bmsg for the strings to put in nw4r::lyt::TextBox or it could just be using tpls as the text

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, in most of the .src files, there are anim and blyt folders with respective files, along with the timg folder and tpls (and sometimes a "font" folder too), so like you said, the menus are pretty much big banners.

Another finding:
When a player starts to play the game (usually after loading a save), if they are using wm+ to play, a very simple "menu" displaying a block of text related to the wm+ (along with a "Yes" button to continue) is displayed. I found it in layout/MotionPlus.arc, and when having a look inside, I cannot find any signs of this text in the .arc (except for the "??" text in a tpl for the "yes" button). When I looked in the MotionPlus.arc/MotionPlus/blyt/MotionPlus.brlyt (converted to .xmlyt using benzin), I found a txt1 element right where the text should be, but no actual text inside said element ( was 0000-0000 and tag was empty)... also had a tag with value "00"... I have no idea what that is for...

So... any text which is just tpls (mainly text for menu headings/subheadings and button text) can be easily edited, but other more detailed text (such as weapon names and descriptions, and Options, and the above "wm+ menu" described above) is not so easily editable atm. I can find some of the text inside some .sgo files and change it, albeit restricted to the current character limits that the text strings have. I also have no clue how these "banners" link to the other files to display said text either.

Silly useless completely unrelated fact: The game includes the HOME Menu in 9 languages, including S. Chinese... despite there not being an official Chinese version/region Wii...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto