OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello there, I bought a r4 sdhc a few months ago and I would like playing gba games. I have an EZ-Flash 3 in 1 and I heard that the only way to play gba games on r4 is to use YsMenu. I searched on the web but couldn't even find a single clue about how to make ysmenu run on r4 sdhc. If someone has any idea or something, I'll be grateful. Thanks in advance!

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YSMenu only work for DSTT's,REAL R4's(which you can't get),clone R4's(not Acekards) and some acekards(but is suckish)

YSMenu is NOT the only way to play GBA games.

The best loader for GBA games is GBAExploader 0.58b

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Caim said:
Hello there, I bought a r4 sdhc a few months ago and I would like playing gba games. I have an EZ-Flash 3 in 1 and I heard that the only way to play gba games on r4 is to use YsMenu. I searched on the web but couldn't even find a single clue about how to make ysmenu run on r4 sdhc. If someone has any idea or something, I'll be grateful. Thanks in advance!
Welcome, but learn to read the "stickies" that are held at the top of each section of the forum. Usually, FAQs and significant software/firmware info is held in them (gentle
lecture.gif
).
Your question is answered by reading about halfway down this link "R4SDHC" - this will lead you to the thread on using R4YSAuto to compile YSMenu for your cart:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=193749

Caim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks for answering so fast, I tried both of your methods. It seems to be working till I launch games, than it freezes as GBA screen, does that meen my games need patches or something?

Edit: I tried to launch nds games with Ys menu and i got "dldi not recognized", what is it?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please clarify what you have achieved. I can only presume from what you have said that you have successfully compiled YSMenu and it loads fine on your R4SDHC (once again, presumably will load nds roms/homebrew, etc).
If that right, well that's a good start!
So, you problem now is getting the gba roms to load using gbaexploder...correct? If so, what version of it do you have on your msd?

Caim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
So, I just achieved YsMenu, I can only use it as an nds file. I tried first to launch gba games but it freezes at gba screen (same as when you don't have any game in the real gba and turn the power on), same thing on gba exploader. What I would like is only be able to play gba and nds on ys menu. NDS games don't work either ("dldi name not recognized" i'm no sure about the translation). Any idea? ^^

Edit: huuuum...help?

Some Gamer Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original R4 that is SDHC compatible. It currently runs the 1.18 firmware very well but as everyone is aware support is non-existent for the original firmware.

So I compiled YSmenu and it runs very well. I have actually compiled it numerous ways with a variety of non functional results.

One way it works great and will load home brew perfectly but does not load 'real' games (Freezes with two white screens). Another way that I have it compiled it starts to load anything and then a message that says "error loading rom, r4didl.dat error" and yes dldi is spelled wrong.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong because it all seems to be working it just refuses to load anything.

Does anyone have an idea what I need to do?

OH and for the guy with the question about GBA games,

QUOTE said:
The best loader for GBA games is GBAExploader 0.58b

This is totally correct. I have used it with my 3 in 1 numerous times and it is fantastic. It is a little hard to use but I invite you to send me a private message and I will walk you through it.

Some Gamer Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I feel more educated.

Then why does it run only the original firmware?

In any event does anyone have any advice to get it working other than hey new naive guy your card is a blatant fake?

I have compiled it using numerous versions of the DSTT firmware up to an including the latest one that I was able to find at
D$-$cene. I have tried many info.lib files and I have tried two different auto compilers achieving one of two non-functional results.

I have a hard time believing that I am the only one who can't get this to work but about three weeks of searching and trying different things makes me feel as though I am.

Anyone experiencing the "Rom load Failure - r4Didl.dat error" or two white screens on all but 3 or 4 real games. (I have the range because every once and a while the 4th doesn't boot.)

Some Gamer Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I appreciate the Frank response.

Do you happen to know of a way other than buying a new cart to continue to receive updates?

Thank you for the attention. I appreciate that you guys actually respond.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Some Gamer Guy said:
Well I appreciate the Frank response.

Do you happen to know of a way other than buying a new cart to continue to receive updates?

Thank you for the attention. I appreciate that you guys actually respond.

Yeah, AceKard2i, M3i Zero or SCDS1i.
But if you want to wait a while the new SCDS2 (not yet released) will be able to play GBA games. Plus it'll play SNES games and videos much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)