YouTube celebrity "Etika" found dead after concerning YouTube video post

9Zs3n1G.png

Desmond Amofah, more commonly known to many as the YouTube personality Etika has been found dead, after going missing six days ago. Concerns rose when the man uploaded a video to his YouTube channel where he talked about depression and suicide. Yesterday, it was confirmed that Etika's belongings were found laying along the edge of a bridge in Manhattan. A police investigation was opened, which resulted in the authorities pulling a deceased male from a nearby river. The New York Police Department then later confirmed that the body did in fact belong to Desmond Amofah. The YouTuber showed previous signs of distress, as when he entirely deleted his YouTube account earlier this year, to the shock of his massive online fanbase. Etika rose to YouTube fame by playing Nintendo games, having almost a million subscribers. He died at the young age of 29.

:arrow: Source

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know of the guy, never watched one of his videos however its never a good thing when people can't find the help they need.

If anyone here ever finds themselves in a similar position to Etika, please message anyone you can, I may not know you but if you ever need to talk, I'm always available for a chat.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sad to hear this. I've been very closely following the events the past few days ever since he posted his suicide video note. I met the guy at AnimeNYC last year, and he was incredibly humble, chill, and just a super fucking awesome person to meet. It hits closer to home now because that took away the feeling of him "just being a YouTube personality" for me, and legitimize the fact that there is (well, was...) a living, breathing human behind the channel.

Gonna miss everything that he brings to the Nintendo community and his fan base. Gonna miss him.

Rest in fucking peace, my dude. So sad to see you go. #JOYCONBOYZ gonna hold it down out here forever, bet.

FB_IMG_1561482860762.jpg

Edit - also, for everyone here reading this, I'm on GBAtemp daily. I may not be able to provide legitimate, licensed help, but if you need someone to vent to, to chat with, whatever, shoot me a PM. I'm always around to talk.

Last edited by Sicklyboy,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I was really hoping this was a stunt. But no. He jumped off a bridge and killed himself. Please, if anybody is considering suicide or self-harm. Seek help!

Hotlines can be found in this URL: https://t.co/EC2mKZsbZ7?amp=1

MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES IS NOT A JOKE!

(and shame on the people who pretended he was dead a few days before this).

Last edited by Essasetic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo