PKMN Black Crap 0_0

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by TheTwoR's, Aug 22, 2010.

Aug 22, 2010

PKMN Black Crap 0_0 by TheTwoR's at 2:58 PM (5,472 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. TheTwoR's
    OP

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    Around the temp you're seeing many many threads of all that "Creepy Pokemon Black" or "Pokemon Red kills kids" and stuff.
    Well I wanna discuss them here. Now I've been researching about all those and read some very, very creepy stuff.
    Example:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Now about that story. Someone please tell me this isn't true. If it is, I don't think I'm ever gonna look at Pokemon the same way again. And I'm a HUGE pokemon fan. Being a fan is something I don't wanna lose. I was checking this stuff on google. It doesn't seem like a very famous story. I decided to go on YouTube and look for any video perhaps related to those carts that kill people. Found nothing. It's creepy. Please confirm that this is fake as it kind of puts me in a bad mood. I'm very gullible and sensitive. I hate this kind of talk and crap. I kept shivering as I read it.

Now about that story... Umm which one was it?
    Yeah this one:

This one isn't all that scary. It's just a little freaky. I would definitely go mad if I found something like that at a flea market.
    I don't think this one is true though. Cause we haven't heard about this anywhere else. But thanks to the temp there are a group of guys working on a game based on that story. I don't like the story though. It's so sad. And the whole death idea. One of the reasons why I liked Pokemon was because of the brightness and positivity in it.

Now there's one here:

Now this one got me wondering. Can someone really inject harmful music into a very famous game just like that? Or perhaps it wasn't studied enough and happened by mistake? I can't believe I read something like this. The story itself is maddening.

I don't know what the whole fuss is about Pokemon these days on the temp. I wanna go back to just remembering Pokemon as a cool fun game with out all those stories. I'm sure the biggest gaming company wouldn't put all that in their games. Why must someone make such stupid rumors to freak people out. I'm trying to stick to forgetting about all this nonsense and thinking it's just lies.

Well, I felt like putting this all in one thread to clean things up a bit.
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks for reading.

2. Chaz.

Member Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    These arnt real, just stories. Although people are making pokemon black though. But there are other stories for other games too. Always will be to either attention seek or just some harmless fun

3. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Don't worry, it was all just fake stories made on 4Chan and stuff. Rest easy. [​IMG]

4. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Those creeped me out too. They're fake though.

5. TheTwoR's
    OP

Belgium
    Ah thank god. I would've shat my pants if it weren't for you. [​IMG]
    Just thought sharing these stories would be a better idea to discuss them.
    I know you guys think I'm ridiculous. I hate being gullible my self but eh... What to do?

6. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    So cleaning up by making another thread? GENIUS!

7. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sousuke Tamada worked on platinum, so the first story is fake [​IMG]
    plus dont forget red/green/blue/yellow have all been hacked to hell, we would have found something like that by now if it was real [​IMG]

you cant disprove the second story though. anything like that couldve been real... just because theres no rom dump doesnt mean it didnt exist. "pokemon" jade exists, but theres no dump for that.

the thing about lavender town music killing people is just a rumor. kinda silly, too

8. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    TheTwor's, I couldn't agree with you more.
    After those stories and one especially creepy one that you didn't post, I actually had a couple of sleepless nights. Not scared, but just worried.
    Since then, I haven't enjoyed the games as much as I did before, until a couple of days ago, when i just let it all side and decided to play pokemon yellow again, only to discover that Oak is not a murderer.
    Maybe you should do like I did and just let it slide. The fuss is gonna be going for a couple of weeks to come I think.

9. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Red kills kid and Lavender city one are fake.

I can't say for sure about the creepy Black one.

10. Tenorphin

Newcomer Tenorphin Newbie

Malaysia
    Sorry, I have an overwhelming need to break minds.

11. Dionysus

Member Dionysus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    OMG an subliminal message [​IMG]

12. Tenorphin

Malaysia
    Great. Now I can't differentiate sarcasm and genuine response anymore.

13. Dionysus

Member Dionysus GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well that only shows you need to go out a little more yah

14. whoomph

Member whoomph GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Despite hating Pokemon, I enjoyed TheTwoR's story. [​IMG]

15. TheTwoR's
    OP

Belgium
    None of these are my stories [​IMG]
    If you meant like the stories I posted, then yeah I gotta admit I couldn't stop reading it either.
    But it still is creepy.

16. Tenorphin

Malaysia
    There's a continuance of the story about the frequency mystery though.
    Audio of mystery frequency:
    Sequel:

17. Ace

Member Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Sweden
    I just listened to both and had a fatal seizure 20 minutes later.

Obviously these sounds don't do jack. Noise can't do anything other than disturb your ears at certain frequences. If the supposed brown note doesn't make you sh*t (as proven by me, my friends, and a bass guitar with an amplifier. And Mythbusters [​IMG]), why would some notes combined with game music due to some insane fans of Lavender Town (who probably don't exist, either) make you kill yourself with a seizure? The only reason you believe this is because you connect the music to a ghost town with certain/uncertain death, to a YouTube video with a ghost story and somewhat modified audio. And because they're using big words like "biaural" and "Anothony's algorithm" etc. Also, the very point of videos NOT being screamers is that it's not a reliable story, and therefore having it just end by the time limit gives it and gives unreliability and mystery. It's a very well crafted story, to be honest. 9/10 on my scale of the amount of creepy stories I've read. Aahhh, the virtue of having a paranormal section on 4chan. It's amazing what kind of stories there can cause sleepless nights. Seriously though, Considering we have younger, more sensitive tempers, I'd advise NOT to read them. Unless you have a fascination with scary stories. I do, I find these entertaining before midnight, I get sleepless after reading a few at late nights. Most people don't know they have capabilities of writing stories like this. I wonder if it'd be a good idea to post them in the Studio section of GBATemp?

Besides confirming that nothing there could be true, I'm honestly a bit interested in playing the Pokémon Black, or find the thread somewhere? You also mentioned seeing some "Pokemon Red Kills" thread? Link plz?

Other than that, good night, don't get too affected by what you read; it's just the way YOU decide to read the text. If you know you're up for a scary story and don't think you're man enough for it, try this: read it in a very saracastic/retarded narration. The sheer fact that you're attempting to have a dumba** try and tell a horror story to you will lessen the impact of it if you're sensitive to it.

Stay cool, world,

Peace,

Ace Faith

18. xakota

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They're complete, crap, don't worry about it. I know Pokemon Black can't be "proven", but in all honesty since the game is a lot added with seemingly nothing removed it would be impossible to fit on a GB cartridge, so it's more than likely fake.

19. FencingFoxFTW

Member FencingFoxFTW GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    cool story, bro

20. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    Oop wad toe toolsy? WTF?