Hacking Your thoughts on Gateway bricking people's 3DS now.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
When this first happened, i was kinda on the fence but leaning towards gateway fuck knows why, but now i look at it I'm so angry what gateway did to those people.

BUT im mad now at myself thinking _at_the_time_ they should have brought gateway and not a clone, but in the end its a stealing device. and the people who make Gateway are very shady people.

BUT to brick a persons hard earned device was scum of the scum level move. a % of people buy a flashcart cause they cant afford to buy games which is a fact, so to do that on a device which can be some months worth of savings is fucked.

and the worst part is if you brought a clone cause you couldn't afford a Gateway.

what are your thoughts on this now?

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 this thread is trashed and locked.

I thought it was scummy then, and it's still scummy now.
But at the same time there are basically no rules in that kind of business, and I'm sure it scared some people into either not buying from their competitors, or buying directly from gateway.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's a thing of the past.
Anyway 80% of our 3ds user base joined after 2014 and probably never used Gateway at all.
inb4 this thread is trashed and deleted.
Mind you explain why you said that? Serious or not, I'm genuinely curious.

Reactions: Kioku

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really care about any of that before I even bought a flashcard after having free cfw (rxtools) just because of the fact that they at least offered a built in cheat engine and it was an additional game storage if you used .3ds files I supported them to the end

but now screw them they completely ditched everyone who bought their flash cards and left everyone with no support
worst of all the gave no explanation or at least release the source code to the public so the community could develop future updates for itself

Reactions: Flame

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but now screw them they completely ditched everyone who bought their flash cards and left everyone with no support
worst of all the gave no explanation or at least release the source code to the public so the community could develop future updates for itself
good rid-ins to bad rubbish ... they were scuzzy at best

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why I really don't like when homebrew and piracy become commercialized. True Blue was shitty however Gateway in and of itself stalled homebrew on the system for a year and a half, was stupid expensive, but the bricking stuff made me hate Grayopa with every bone in my body. I didn't even own one, it kinda made me demoralized for console hacking in the future really.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was misguided IMO. It punished the user (who might not have even been aware) instead of the companies that ripped off their software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1