Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[M said:
artin]
Anyone have experience with the PSP version of N+? I wonder what the differences are... (I imagine a much nicer presentation of menus and hopefully better music...?)
Nope. It's exactly the same game, save for the unique levels between the two and the fact that the PSP version has load times. Yep, that's right. A 105MB game with load times. Go figure.

I have both and I prefer the DS version very much. The fact that you can see the entire map and a nicely zoomed in version at the same time is excellent, whereas the PSP just has a single medium-zoom view the entire time. Also, I like the DS d-pad a lot more for quick action games like this, and being able to use the stylus when making your own levels makes a huge difference. I would never have the patience to make levels on the PSP. And the load times on the PSP, while not terribly long, really should not exist. Worst part is, it doesn't tell you that it's loading; it just looks like the game has locked up and then 5 or 6 seconds later the next menu appears. It gives it a very unprofessional feeling IMO.

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently going through the Atari Bonus levels and I have to say, this is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. As someone mentioned, the levels are so random. Some of the levels are ridiculously easy and then the next level it would appear ridiculously hard. Still, I get a sense of satisfaction whenever I beat it. I really did wish that it allowed for online multiplayer. That's the main aspect that's been bumming me out. Oh well, at least there's DLC.

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've finally beaten N+!!! Wow, I have 1888 bomb deaths... I spent like an hour or two on the last level. No, no, no, not last episode, last level. That's how freaken hard it was. At least now I can say I beat the game without cheats. My fingers hurt a lot. After playing, I have a few gripes:

-I hate the fact that if you press START and select Main Menu, they don't ask for a confirmation, which I believe they should. I've accidentally pressed Main Menu when going for restart several times and had to redo the entire episode.
-The movement of the blue/grey orb that follows you are too random. I've played the same level over and over and almost every time, they'd do something different. Sometimes they'd chase after me, and sometimes they don't.
-Things in the game aren't very reproduceable. Sometimes I fall and land on a slope but die, other times I live.
-The game needs more "pause". It's like when you die but aren't aware that you were going today and you kept on tapping A to jump, you skip the screen which says you're dead without knowing it. There needs to be a bit of delay between your death animation and the menu popping up. Several times I thought I evaded an attack and kept on playing only to realize a split second later that I actually got killed and by pressing combos which I thought would take effect when I was alive, I'm actually applying these combos to my respawned character, killing the "set" plan I had to complete the level.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A big fuck you to N+ devs
How hard would it be to change the menu so your selection isn't on "Start New Game" by default?
Not that I've deleted my game, but it'd be nice to pay less attention.
And how about in-episode saving?
How about having options that actually save?
I for one love reinputting them every time I turn it on, but maybe others don't.
Oh, wait, I don't.

Also, where's the left handed controls for level editing?
Bitches.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My CycloDS froze when I brought up the menu that lets you reboot the card, and my save got deleted. I was on Episode 30.

Dunno if I have the heart to play through some of these levels again...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final opinion:

Fun for a while but I've grown tired of it. The people behind the original game say that the original final build was very bad so I guess that those who have been complaining about this being delayed from its original May date should be lucky that Atari decided to spend money on it getting more dev time.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hm.. how to say this. I find that the order of stages are somewhat random. Early levels are not necessarily easier than mid-late levels. New components get introduced, but not necessarily harder.

I'm just before halfway through the game, so it's still an "impression" not a whole game judgement.

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Love it!!

Alot of the fun factor comes from the feeling of playing with the physics. Its lost of it from the PC version I think because of the lower resolution graphics. But still awesome! Especially levels which you speed through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I will continue to ask what ever I feel like asking. lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies